stick containers

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

stick containers

Post by nicodemus38 »

id like to see some photos of used up stick containers for Tabac and harris and TOBS.

The containers are supposedly the deodorant stick style from what I have seen in the past, but the replacement stick for tabac is just like the regular stick for Palmolive, arko, Wilkinson, and so forth.
brothers

Re: stick containers

Post by brothers »

The replacement soap sticks without containers are malleable and formless, so any of the refill sticks can be shoved into any suitable container, regardless of brand. This goes for pucks too, not just sticks. I know this to be true because I have done it many times with many brands of soap in addition to those you have listed. It really does not matter how hard or soft the soap is, it can be placed into virtually any container of any size.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BPman

Post by BPman »

Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

That looks perfect for the end of an Arko tick. Now, can you tell us what shipping costs. I'll bet it is triple the $1.95 cost.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

I've got quite a few empty push-up containers (Brut deodorant). If you want one or two, let me know. I'll pick up the postage.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BPman

Post by BPman »

Ouchmychin wrote:That looks perfect for the end of an Arko tick. Now, can you tell us what shipping costs. I'll bet it is triple the $1.95 cost.

Calculate that on their website.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Need to look at getting me a couple of these --- it'll ensure longer life out of a Palmolive Classic stick.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
owenm

Post by owenm »

jww wrote:Need to look at getting me a couple of these --- it'll ensure longer life out of a Palmolive Classic stick.
I keep an Erasmic stick in an old DR Harris stick container for travel, the tube is the same diameter but a bit shorter than an Erasmic stick, so I cut the Erasmic in half and use it in two lots. I'm sure you could do the same with a Palmolive stick if you have an old DR Harris one lying around?
Cheers,
Owen
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

owenm wrote:
jww wrote:Need to look at getting me a couple of these --- it'll ensure longer life out of a Palmolive Classic stick.
I keep an Erasmic stick in an old DR Harris stick container for travel, the tube is the same diameter but a bit shorter than an Erasmic stick, so I cut the Erasmic in half and use it in two lots. I'm sure you could do the same with a Palmolive stick if you have an old DR Harris one lying around?
True --- I have one partly filled with some MWF shavings from the end of a puck. I could easily do the same with a Palmolive stick .... thanks for the tip.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

tempting to build a really nice stainless steel or silver or chrome plated twist holder.

like colgates old style, but with a harris type twist to lift system.