Happiness Delayed

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

Happiness Delayed

Post by nicodemus38 »

Happiness was delayed again. Strangely enough the mail came when I was out shopping, I had gotten to sick of waiting for the mail.

Anyway when I got home it was waiting and I got yelled at for buying soap with such odd scents. and I ended up getting the following

Ever Ready K40 badger brush a tad worn in the bristles.

Shulton Old Spice mug, the small one

2 yes TWO unopened boxes of Colgate Shaving Mug soap.

I used the mug and the colgate for my shave. it was interesting. Hard to get a lather going at first. Somewhat lathering like Williams, and awful thin... But rinsed well.

Before my shave I showered and washed down with pan oxyl face wash bar. its interesting.

I hadn't shaved in 4 days and well I lathered up, and the lather seemed to disappear fast,,,

I only needed one pass to get DFS and pretty damned close. Only did a second pass from habit and one spot on my neck.

Now im itchy and irritated. I think from the soap bar I used.
BPman

Re: Happiness Delayed

Post by BPman »

The post reformulations of Williams & Colgate shave soaps have no tallow and are beyond worthless. Both are now discontinued as well, for those who may not know this.
nicodemus38

Re: Happiness Delayed

Post by nicodemus38 »

my colgates have the upc code and no ingredient list. The shave was great. better then razorock classic cream ever could do.

Ive seen the same packageing going for 10-15 dollars per puck on ebay and etsy.
So I feel I have the good ones.

Its been a weird shaving day. Even a unopened tuck of Wilkinson sword classic from England. Going by the sticker on it, id say just before the shutdown.

And funnier is that the 1921 new improved OC I bought for 20 bucks on ebay a few months back, ive seen one in same condition listed with starting bids for 70$+.