erasmic

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

erasmic

Post by nicodemus38 »

used erasmic stick today. Kind of off. Thin lather but it does work. Which is odd because I have the current version in the red box.

Smells better once its wet. Far better. Not so williamsy.
malocchio

Re: erasmic

Post by malocchio »

Red box is Amber House ,never could get mine to lather,even with distilled water.Last night I decided to grate it,and tomorrow I will see if that helps...No reason they can't use the old Supreme formula that explodes with great smelling lather.
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

it was thin. like my Williams does and like the colgate Palmolive puck I used sunday.

Damn good shave though.
I think the reason the red package isn't as good as the others is that they didn't want to use the same factory, or just didn't buy that particular recipe. Because if I read there website correctly, they simply bought the NAME.
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Tried the Amber House stick grated into a tub,used distilled hot water,still horrible ,thin lather,I dumped it after this try...The Erasmic tub is still good,can't believe they can't use the same formula as the current tub....Or use the Supreme non tallow formula that was superb...I have been using the German Palmolive stick recently ,fantastic lather ,a little milder "Palmolive scent" than the Australian or "Euro" sticks....
brothers

Post by brothers »

I've been curious about the scent of Erasmic soap. If it's the same as the cream it's a no-go for me.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

in teh red box ita slightly spicier version of Williams. But when lathered, it smells similar to my colgate Palmolive puck when lathered.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I had a tube of Erasmic shaving cream a while back, and after using it about 3 times on a road trip, I couldn't bear the scent and had to get rid of it. If the soap smells the same, then I couldn't use it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BPman

Post by BPman »

I LOVE the Erasmic shave cream scent!! However, their reformulated (red box) shave stick is better used as a candle or lubing screw threads. It's crap.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I've used both Erasmic soap and cream and while finding no fault in performance simply don't care for the scent.
Regards,
Squire
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

Its a very odd soap. the stick does leave a lot to be desired, the holder is a joke. a regular puck would be better but hey its life.

Now I shaved with it today, pulled out my super adjustable. it was good. left it a tad runny and it was very smooth. With a platinum plus, its stillsmooth after 14 hours.