proraso blue

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

proraso blue

Post by nicodemus38 »

is it typical to find it gives better performance when its rubbed on thin layer into face, and then hit with a soppy wet brush with the intent to make more of a thin runny cream, then a thick cushiony soap?
mikeny278

Re: proraso blue

Post by mikeny278 »

I find that the blue proraso sometimes gets more "airy" when compared to the Green on the 2nd/3rd passes. When this happens, I add a little more cream as I think it performs better...never add extra water to the blue.
Mike
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

its an ok cream. A tad thick for my liking but it has good skin care to it. Just cant stand the smell when used as a cream. it turns my stomach after a while. So I used it as an after shave balm last night, it worked FINE as that.

Then my cat hopped into bed with me, and started the old "gak gak" when she smelled it. Since I don't like hair balls in bed, I need a real aftershave balm thingy
brothers

Post by brothers »

My reaction to the scent was similar to yours. At the very beginning I thought it smelled great, after two shaves, it made me feel I wanted to throw up.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

Not only do I like the scent, I think it is an outstanding performer. My favorite Proraso cream.
Best regards,

Basil
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

great skin care. but horrid smell.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I might apply the adjective cloying to a small degree. It was pleasant until it was "too pleasant" if that even makes any sense.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

No problems with Proraso Blue; as face latherer, I dab the usual small amounts of the cream onto my face and then distribute them with a wet brush, getting a nice, dense lather.
This method gives me complete control over the amount of water I use for my lather, further moisturizes my face before the shave, and thus works very well for me.

If I use Proraso Blue more than other Proraso creams it is because I tend to prefer soaps and this product is, unlike Proraso Green, White or Red, only available as cream.

I find the scent pleasant enough (certainly not disagreeable), wife and daughter never objected, and since we don't have a cat in the house that is all that matters.
(As long as there is food and water in the bowl, the dog doesn't seem to mind either.)

B.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell