Silkience Body Wash

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

Silkience Body Wash

Post by nicodemus38 »

I got a container of it the other day, finally tried it. its a good shower soap, its like snot. doesn't do a lot of bubbling so that's a plus. but heres the thing.

when I was showering I washed my face a bit with it while I had my omega 49 soaking in hot tap water. I lathered my face up with just the hot watered brush, then went to town with erasmic. Ive started holding the soap sideways on my face and rubbing, it seems to do better.

then I pulled my hand me down Ever Ready K40 badger and got it sopping wet in the water, and lathered up. jesus it was a nice soppy mess that first pass. it was flawless. Had enough to do a rather luxurious second pass, and same results. though I am getting some super minor irritation.

I used my 46-47 aristocrat with a 2 maybe 3 time used platinum plus blade I was using in my upper adjustable. not nicks or weepers. so I guess that razor needs a not so sharp blade and a lot of bubbly soap, not the yogurt lather I prefer with other razors.

Im pondering the use of the K40 for the time being, its small but its so SOFT.