sandal wood and oak moss

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

sandal wood and oak moss

Post by nicodemus38 »

I have an issue with scents, not just the chemical formula/back bone of the scent but with the concentration.

when I used leas classic cream in a tube, it was slowly dehydrating in the tube and over time the amount of water needed to make it lather changed with the creams hydration level.

And at the same time, as the creams moisture content went down the scents got strange in my opinion. If I used to much water to make lather, I had less scent, and if I used not enough water I had really strong scents.
and when the lather/water TEMPERATURE went down it just gave me menthol smell that was ok. but when it got HOT well the sandal wood and oak moss would hit me like a hammer and normally give me a migraine.

My curiousity this time around is the scent stability between cream and actual soaps.

is the soaps scent going to be like the same shave to shave more stable then a cream?
Ouchmychin

Re: sandal wood and oak moss

Post by Ouchmychin »

Since no one has answered yet I want to suggest that you do not rotate soaps or creams until you have used one up. There is no need to keep a lot of cream around until it dries out. I have one jar of cream in reserve and several tubes of Coates creams that Gary sent me. The tubes are getting as you said because I can't use them faster, but I can live with that for now because I really like Coates creams. When they are gone I will not store up a bunch.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

nic both soaps and creams fade over time once they're opened. Not to the point they will cease to bother you though if you have a sensitivity.
Regards,
Squire
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

its hard to judge if I have a sensitivity to something if the effects vary so much based on how its prepared.

ive gotten somewhat used to the smell of proraso blue that used to really nauseate me to no end.

so im wondering on if a soap in general will be more consistent shave to shave.