AoS Old formula soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
SteveK

AoS Old formula soap

Post by SteveK »

For anyone interested, the Apothecary store in the Palazzo-Venetian shopping mall in Las Vegas had four tallow formula Art of Shaving soap + bowls on the shelf ($54 each) as of Sunday 5/1/16. Clearly, they don't move a lot of these. However if anyone feels the urge, there are three left. I thought about buying all four, but I resisted.

Steve
CMur12

Re: AoS Old formula soap

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks, Steve, though that seems a bit high to me. There are still places selling this soap at clearance pricing.

For example: https://www.haircareandbeauty.com/men-p ... ducts.html
(Scroll down a bit.)

- Murray

PS. I started buying these up when I became aware that P&G had bought out The Art of Shaving, so I am fortunately well stocked. One can also still buy the Valobra Shave Stick (of which I also have a goodly supply) and more recently Valobra has started selling its soap in cakes with different scents.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

cakes with different scents.
will someone please be kind enough to give me a heads up when rose makes the cut! :D

Thanks

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

fallingwickets wrote:
cakes with different scents.
will someone please be kind enough to give me a heads up when rose makes the cut! :D

Thanks

clive
I'll try to remember that, Clive. :D

- Murray