Shaving soap tin containers

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
chris1978

Shaving soap tin containers

Post by chris1978 »

Hi Everyone,

I just got the L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap in the package on Friday and haven't used it cause I have to get the tin containers online. I didn't want to get L'Occitane shaving bowl with lid. It little expensive and it costs $28.00. So I spent few hours online to find the right one. I did ordered from specialtybottle.com. It 6 oz 3.3 inch flat tin containers with slip cover. I want my shaving soap fits in. I hope it fits if not I have to find another one that fits. Oh I forgot it costs $0.76 shipping.
My L'Occitane shaving soap size is 3 1/4 inch. My other soap is D.R. Harris is 3 or 3.2 and mike's natural soap around 4 inch or bit more.

Any suggestions about tin containers of screw top containers with lid that fits for 3 1/4 inches?

Chris A
CMur12

Re: Shaving soap tin containers

Post by CMur12 »

Hi Chris -

I'm not sure where you would find the containers you seek. I bought some from an SMF member in the Selling & Trading forum.

Nevertheless, I still prefer to use the one-cup Pyrex or Anchor Hocking glass bowls with the soft-plastic top. I use a cheese grater and I grate up 1/3 to 1/2 of a cake of soap and mash it into the glass bowl. This leaves me some room to work on top of the soap.

Since I like these glass bowls, both for soap storage and to make the lather on top of the soap, I can make any soap fit by grating it up. An additional advantage is that I think the grated soap dissolves more readily than it does in the original puck.

Hope you find what works for you!

- Murray
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

the best place for containers is ULINE. they are a nice company in the USA that has just about everything you need for packaging.

Some items are priced by the case, or as single items. So youll need to pay attention to what price your looking at.
mrjediconsular

Post by mrjediconsular »

hopefully this link can help you.

https://www.stirlingsoap.com/shave-soap-containers/
Jordan
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

I just the tin container from specialty bottle in the mail today and it turn out I'm very dissapointed about the size of be size. The L'Occitane Cade soap 3 1/4 inches refill puck does not fit the 3 inch tin container. Not very happy about this. The only thing that fit was D.R. Harris soap but you have to press a bit down hard to order to fit in.

I was looking at Stirling shaving soap container online and there two different sizes. One is the tin container size are 4 inch diameter and the green empty container are 3.5 inch diameter on the top and inside 3.2 inchs. Please measure your Stirling soap container if the correct size for 3 1/4 diameter and if which one is good for the refill.

By the way, I'm curious about the Stirlng shaving soap that two different sizees. One is 5.3 oz and the refill puck is 4.5 oz. can you tell what are both sizees of the puck are? Is it 3.5 inchs or 4 inches or 5inches? I have t buy another to container or buy The L'Occitane Alluinum stainless bowl with lid from L'Occitane store or online that $28.00 plus tax.

I can see that Mama Bears soap company that sell white empty container with black lid that size is 3 1/4 inch diameter. I might order it.

What about The Container Store and IKEA Store? They are have 4 inches.

Please help me!

Chris A
brothers

Post by brothers »

Chris, the fellow who operates Stirling soap is a great guy. I have a feeling he can answer your questions. Maybe someone here who understands the issues can give you a very close to accurate guess as to what you are hoping to find. But if not, you probably should contact Stirling's proprietor through his website and see what he says. My own personal experience is that I find the container I want and then I make the soap fit the container. It's just soap, and it can change it's size and shape to fit whatever container you have. Sometimes it can be grated and packed into the container, also sometimes the soap can be heated for 6 to 8 seconds in a microwave and pressed into the container. Have fun with it, and good luck my friend.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I was going through my bookmarks yesterday hoping to do some deleting (major fail!! :lol: ) when I happened across the one for ems place. Back in the day, and maybe still so, ems place was a must visit site for shaving supplies. Anyway, she has some decent soap dishes/containers if you're still looking for one.

http://www.emsplace.com/

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Shafer Springs

Post by Shafer Springs »

I don't know if you're specifically after an aluminum tin, but Specialty Bottle does have a 8 oz. plastic jars that might work for you that are 3.75" wide and 2.1" tall at just over a buck each. They come in clear, white, amber, etc. with different colored lids.

http://www.specialtybottle.com/plastic- ... t/8oz-pha8

http://www.specialtybottle.com/plastic- ... d/8oz-phc8

I buy a lot of stuff from them and have been impressed with the service. They also let you buy single items and don't force you to buy case quantities so you can try out different containers if you're not sure of dimensions or fit.
Tip Top Shaving Soap - https://www.tiptopshavingsoap.com/