soap qualities

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

soap qualities

Post by nicodemus38 »

I have noticed in the last few days that my quality of shave with cella has gone down. Ive been using it daily for 3 weeks. but suddenly the quality of the shave has gone down majorly.
brothers

Re: soap qualities

Post by brothers »

Tom, that would usually be something about the blade. Do you think your blade has dulled, or in the alternative, have you changed out the blade (or razor) about the same time your results suddenly started deteriorating? If you're using enough soap and getting the lather you want, it's probably not the fault of the soap.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

Brand new razor blades, everything the same
brothers

Post by brothers »

Then I think it's the blade's edge or an issue with the technique affecting the blade's contact with the surface, angle for instance. YMMV, of course.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

When I was using Williams, that if I left the puck wet, the next day the lather would be absolutely fantastic, but that only worked for a short time and then I paid the piper after that and the lather wasn't lather, just foam. Are you treating the Cella in a like manner?
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

this why you must use trumpers rose everyday....no matter what, never an issue!!!!! :roll: :D :roll: :D j/k

clive

p.s. just bought a jar of cella for the first time, but as a gift for my bro-in-law....hope its as nice as they it is
de gustibus non est disputandum