first soft soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
mrjediconsular

first soft soap

Post by mrjediconsular »

So I got some razorrock lavender shaving soap yesterday I let it sit in my drawer overnight because it got melted slightly this morning I used and I think I have over loaded the brush because I was so use to doing it with my van der Hagan soap I had to use alot to get close to good lather with it I think I might enjoy using soaps although it took longer so I might use creams when I have be done fast but soap so far is awsome.
Jordan
ShadowsDad

Re: first soft soap

Post by ShadowsDad »

It's far better to use too much soap as not enough. Carry on.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

Brushes pick up softer soaps more easily than harder soaps, but after a while you don't spend much time thinking about it and load the brush with just the right amount.
You may notice the same when you start switching between (synthetics, badger and boar) brushes.

As already stated, for a consistent quality of shave better slightly more than not enough.

B.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

after a while you don't spend much time thinking about it and load the brush with just the right amount

LOLOLOLOL....from your mouth to gods ears :D :D

Especially with creams, I still screw up the amounts on a regular basis. Too dry, too wet, too much, too little......every time is like starting from day one....what a delightful experience :D :D :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

ShadowsDad wrote:It's far better to use too much soap as not enough. Carry on.
So true, and the same rule of thumb goes for shaving creams also.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444