NOS Colgate Barber Soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
lanolite

Re: NOS Colgate Barber Soap

Post by lanolite »

Straight Arrow wrote:
lanolite wrote:
Straight Arrow wrote:I'm also a lucky holder of one of these rolls. Truly fantastic soap.
I bought a roll of it several years ago thanks to a heads-up by you on these forums...and I completely forgot about it! I'm going to dig it out and try it.
I just looked up that post. It was 6 years ago and you still haven't tried the soap?!? :shock:
It was six years. I moved, packed it away, and sort of forgot about it. :oops:

Anyway, it is terrific. All this time I was futzing around with overrated stuff like MWF, and I coulda been using this! #-o
Straight Arrow

Post by Straight Arrow »

lanolite wrote:
It was six years. I moved, packed it away, and sort of forgot about it. :oops:

Anyway, it is terrific. All this time I was futzing around with overrated stuff like MWF, and I coulda been using this! #-o
That's OK. The stuff was already around 60 years old. What's another six? I haven't used mine in awhile and now I am inspired to break out a puck and lather up.
Rich
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

Can I snag a puck please? Sniff sniff. Ive been a good boy and I could really use a good fancy soap to use.... sniff sniff.

I can even get you on a test circuit for some new razors in a few months, perhaps at least for an adjustable balance point razor handle...
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tom, it doesn't hurt to ask, right? If I had one, I'd be happy to send it. Good luck!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
JayDee

Post by JayDee »

I have a vintage Colgate stick which came from Sweden. It still has a nice, light scent and does it ever lather great!