TOBS Grapefruit Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Ouchmychin

TOBS Grapefruit Cream

Post by Ouchmychin »

I ordered a set of samples from TOBS and I have now used them all for at least a couple of shaves. Of them all, I have liked the grapefruit scent best. It has a punch of grapefruit that is very strong if you like that sort of thing. I just read the old thread about limes and it reminded me to post this again. Did any others try grapefruit?
Ouchmychin (Pete)
HiPowerRon

Re: TOBS Grapefruit Cream

Post by HiPowerRon »

I'm interested in this cream, so i'm anxious to read some reviews.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Hello HiPowerRon, welcome to SMF!

- Murray
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

All TOBS creams give me great shaves. I just like the scent of the grapefruit. There was a thread on other scents a while back; you can do a search to find it.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Gene

Post by Gene »

My only experience with TOBS is their sandalwood scent.

It is quite pungent, bordering on too strong for my taste , but it does perform great.

I might have to try that grapefruit.

Would that be a citrus-like scent?
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Smell like strong grapefruit. I'd get a sample set from where I got mine but I am not sure where that was. Gary would know. Might be the Italian Barber.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

JoAnn from the Shave Den Store used to sell samples of TOBS creams, but unfortunately, last I heard she has now discontinued the Shave Den Store.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Maggard Razors offers samples at $2 each; $28 for a set of 14. Someone else may have them for less.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

I've used TOBS avocado and sandalwood and both were very good lather producing creams - I preferred the shave from avocado although the scent is only "passable" IMO. My only grapefruit experience is B&M Ferox - it took some work but I have come to like this cream a lot. Maybe I'll try the TOBS grapefruit the when Ferox runs out.
Rick