vintage soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
nicodemus38

vintage soap

Post by nicodemus38 »

I do like the experience ive had with colgates shaving mug soap. Others say its worse then mud, but its been better then razorock classic cream..

So is anyone willing to send me all they don't want?

Ive put a bid on an entire roll of colgate barber soap, the starting price is extremely low and there doesn't seem to be much interest in it, so if I win im getting free money. if I don't its ok.
ShadowsDad

Re: vintage soap

Post by ShadowsDad »

You can have mine if you can find it. Since we haven't had the septic system pumped since I fed it to the bugs It's gotta still be there.

Seriously, it was the only soap I've ever given up on. I did feed it to the septic system. Even modern Williams was better than it.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

for me the colgate mug soap is pretty good. I soaked it overnight in water and it kinda got muddy in the bottom. but the odd thing is, it has good qualities. There is a weird feeling of "cleaning" instead of lubrication for a while. but its a real good shave for me. its actually better then speick from my own experience.
gregkw1

Post by gregkw1 »

I just won a puck of Colgates CUP soap not the mug soap on ebay for under $5.00. I hope it's still good and that it preforms well. I think the cup is what everyone likes not the mug soap.
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

the mug soap is pretty decent. it gets the blade close. two pass shave with a flare tip was very good and gave me a bbs shave for near 23 hours. my shave this morning was more "buffing" then shaving