Boellis Crema da Barba (Spiga, Condotti, Chiaia 9)

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Janus

Boellis Crema da Barba (Spiga, Condotti, Chiaia 9)

Post by Janus »

I came across these while looking for some Panama shaving soap:

http://www.italianshavingshop.com/index ... rers_id=40

New to me and to this forum, I believe, as my search yielded nothing.

Apparently they have launched correspondingly titled colognes in 2014 or thereabouts and they seemed much more widely available. The shaving creams (or soft soaps as it turned out), however, I could only find at a handful of italian online shops, so presumably they were launched later.
With no prior knowledge, I ordered Spiga and Chiaia 9 which I thought I might like having looked at the cologne descriptions.
The soaps came packaged in plastic containers which in turn were packaged in thick cardboard boxes, similar to those used for their Panama soap, only yellow in color. I was a bit surprised they were using plastic but at least the tubs are big enough to accomodate large brushes such as my CH2.
As it turned out I don't really care for these scents but performance-wise I have no complaints. Rich and thick lather that remained stable through my unhurried two pass shave was easy to produce.
Worth a try, especially if you like the scents - and even if you don't, the soaps are not very strongly scented, IMO. Economy-wise probably not worth it, since there are many equally good soaps to be had for a lot less money. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Ingredients (Chiaia 9):
Stearic Acid, Aqua, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, Limonene, LInalool, Eugenol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Citronellol.

Ingredients (Spiga):
Stearic Acid, Aqua, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, Limonene, LInalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Buthylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral.

Interestingly, this site http://www.clementiprofumi.it/barberia/ ... barba.html shows a rather shorter ingredients list for Spiga (move the cursor over the image to magnify). No idea what the story is here but I think I'll leave that for someone else to explore.
Janus