non lather shave gel

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
lunfardi

non lather shave gel

Post by lunfardi »

between non lather shave gel and classic shave foam using it with a double edge safety razor, which one would rinse off much better and leave less residue? a cleaner shaver that is? can anyone please tell me. thank you.
ShadowsDad

Re: non lather shave gel

Post by ShadowsDad »

I never heard of non lather shave gel. Any shave gel that I've ever used produced lather once it was spread onto the face.

When I was using it I far preferred shave gel. Not for the reasons you asked about, but it was simply a better product during the shave. I never had any problem getting either one off.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Martin_TO

Re: non lather shave gel

Post by Martin_TO »

I've used practically every shaving aid on the planet: hard soaps, creams in aerosols and tubs, oils, lotions, sticks, etc and I must say that non-foaming clear Shaving Gel was really good with both a safety razor and mach 3. Ten times better than any aerosol type shaving foam except maybe Edge which is like the Chia Pet of Shaving Foams :D . I live in Toronto and I picked my clear shaving gel up at Winners/Homesense.

It rinses off very clean in the shower but definitely not good if shaving over sink and mirror and wiping with shaving towel as the stuff is very slippery and initially it feels like it will never come off but voila with enough water it magically just comes off leaving no residue, smell, etc. It's also non-drying. You get an amazing cushion feel like the razor is gliding on ice but be careful if you are using sharp Feather safety blades as the stuff is slippery and easy to get that side motion going with the razor and then the OUCH cut.

I like the stuff so much and because you need so little of it, a teaspoon well-rubbed into wet skin is more than enough, it's become my choice for travelling as I carry a small amount in my toiletry bag and this saves weight from not having to carry my normal travel shaving brush and a tube of cream.