Home Page | Gallery | PM Inbox | Forum Index  

Longevity of ARKO Shave Stick

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!

Longevity of ARKO Shave Stick

Postby Ouchmychin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:40 pm

I have been seeing all these great threads about the longevity of wonderful higher end shave soaps. I just thought I'd add a product that costs about 5 bucks and, for me lasts an amazingly long time. I don't have the patience to weigh it like Gary does, but I know I can't seem to use it up. Months and months while rotating with a Valobra puck and about once a week brushless cream and other creams I was trying to use up. Let's say 3 shaves a week.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Ouchmychin

Re: Longevity of ARKO Shave Stick

Postby brothers » Mon May 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Pete it's been a while since I had some Arko sticks, but my experience was similar to yours.
Gary
brothers

Postby Squire » Thu May 25, 2017 9:38 am

Pete I think Arko may be the best bang for the buck out there. Can't imagine paying $5.00 for it though, last case I bought worked out to about $1.15 a stick.
Regards,
Squire
Squire
Squadron Leader

Postby Ouchmychin » Thu May 25, 2017 7:28 pm

I was going from memory. It had been so long I must have forgot. Where did you get yours Squire? I got mine on ebay.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Ouchmychin

Postby Squire » Sat May 27, 2017 10:33 am

Pete it has been some years since I last bought Arko (still have 10-12 sticks left) but the last time I looked it was widely available. Check with Phil at bullgooseshaving.com. If he doesn't have it he may be able to help you locate it.
Regards,
Squire
Squire
Squadron Leader

Return to Shaving Creams & Hard Soaps