Longevity of ARKO Shave Stick

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Ouchmychin

Longevity of ARKO Shave Stick

Post by Ouchmychin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:40 pm

I have been seeing all these great threads about the longevity of wonderful higher end shave soaps. I just thought I'd add a product that costs about 5 bucks and, for me lasts an amazingly long time. I don't have the patience to weigh it like Gary does, but I know I can't seem to use it up. Months and months while rotating with a Valobra puck and about once a week brushless cream and other creams I was trying to use up. Let's say 3 shaves a week.
Ouchmychin (Pete)

brothers

Re: Longevity of ARKO Shave Stick

Post by brothers » Mon May 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Pete it's been a while since I had some Arko sticks, but my experience was similar to yours.
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire » Thu May 25, 2017 9:38 am

Pete I think Arko may be the best bang for the buck out there. Can't imagine paying $5.00 for it though, last case I bought worked out to about $1.15 a stick.
Regards,
Squire

Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin » Thu May 25, 2017 7:28 pm

I was going from memory. It had been so long I must have forgot. Where did you get yours Squire? I got mine on ebay.
Ouchmychin (Pete)

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire » Sat May 27, 2017 10:33 am

Pete it has been some years since I last bought Arko (still have 10-12 sticks left) but the last time I looked it was widely available. Check with Phil at bullgooseshaving.com. If he doesn't have it he may be able to help you locate it.
Regards,
Squire