Barrister & Mann

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
BPman

Barrister & Mann

Post by BPman »

At the sake of not "resuscitating" from years back one of two old threads I am opening this one.

I recently tried this soap as part of a vendor's free shipping offer. I paid $11 total and to be frank I'd be hard pressed to find $11 better spent on a wet shaving product. I ordered their Limon fragrance tallow soap and a better tallow soap I've never used! Wow!! This is great stuff!! It has everything!! Glide, cushion & a wonderful citrus fragrance!! I'm liking this better than Mike's Natural Soaps and Cold River Soap Works!! I simply must try other soaps in their lineup!! :wink:
CMur12

Re: Barrister & Mann

Post by CMur12 »

Hi BPman -

Is the soap fragranced or is it scented with EO?

Who sells it?

- Murray
BPman

Post by BPman »

CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks, BPman.

It looks like they have several lines of soap, featuring slightly different formulations. I see your Limon in the "latha" line.

It's strange that they make such an effort to be clear about EO and FO in most of their soaps, but they don't state it in the case of their Limon. I don't try many new products anymore, so when I hear of a new soap, my first question is if they offer it scented with a citrus EO. If not, I normally consider it no further.

If I were to try one of these, I would probably need to limit it to their one unscented offering. I have a mega-hoard of soap already, so I'll probably just stand pat. If I feel moved to try something new, I'll keep your positive experience with this one in mind.

- Murray
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

To Murray -

I have the latha unscented, and it is a good performer. I do have very hard water, and most soaps are a real challenge for me. If I were more skilled and had soft water, this would probably be outstanding. Don't hesitate to try it.