colgate soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Jbbmad2

colgate soap

Post by Jbbmad2 »

I have no experience with this soap so forgive the question. I received a puck on a recent purchase of another item and it comes with Colgate and Palmolive molded into the top. Is this the "red box" Colgate that everyone despises or something older? it doesn't look like the vintage Colgate I've seen pictures of here before.
Bruce
Proverbs 3:5-6
Gig'em!
brothers

Re: colgate soap

Post by brothers »

Did it come in the red and white box that says "mug soap"?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Jbbmad2

Post by Jbbmad2 »

No sir, it was in the bottom of the mug I bought.
Bruce
Gig'em!
brothers

Post by brothers »

It is said the good stuff lathers quite well. Since you don't have the box you are at a disadvantage. Looks like your best bet, and the easiest, would be to lather it up and see.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Jbbmad2

Post by Jbbmad2 »

Well i'll give it a try and see then. Thank you.
Bruce
Gig'em!