Who still regularly uses 3Ts / DRH / Pens soap/cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Re: Who still regularly uses 3Ts / DRH / Pens soap/cream

Post by brothers »

After I finish off the current soap, I am thinking it is about time to crack open a new tube of Coates Sandalwood shaving cream.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Scraping the bottom of a jar of TOBS Jerymn (sp?) and have a jar of their sandalwood in reserve. Just finishing the last 1/16 inch of an ARKO stick. Lots of old Valobra soap left in the wood jar.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
mlb549

Post by mlb549 »

I have Taylors soaps and creams, T & F creams, GFT creams, Harris soaps and creams, Pen soaps, and MdC soaps all in my rotation.
Mike
brothers

Post by brothers »

Lately I've been using TOBS creams and soaps, pretty much using a different one every day or two. I've also used the Penhaligons Sartorial a couple of times. Initially I thought I would try to finish off the TOBS Luxury Lime soap, but soon came to realize that is one seriously hard soap that will probably last around 5 or 6 months. Because of that, I decided to set the Lime aside and enjoy the rest of the TOBS range. It's been said many times, the TOBS creams are very good in terms of fragrance and performance. I also came to realize I like the scent of the TOBS Sandalwood soap even better than I thought I would. I like the spice it contains. I like the Sandalwood cream also (and others) but the TOBS Sandalwood soap and cream are two different scents. At least to my nose. Both of them quite pleasing.
Last edited by brothers on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

maybe someone at taylors will have an epiphany and then go make a cedarwood soap :D :D :D
de gustibus non est disputandum