Through The Fire Fine Craft / Bay Rum Shaving Soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
WetTheFace

Through The Fire Fine Craft / Bay Rum Shaving Soap

Post by WetTheFace »

Company: Through The Fire Fine Craft
Product: Bay Rum Shaving Soap

A few weeks back I was given some items to try and sell on my flea market. I present yet another shaving soap called Through The Fire Fine Craft Bay Rum. I’ve never used this before and last week I was so impressed with this soap I wanted to keep it for myself but I did promise to put it up so I will.

The soap comes in a clear 4.0oz tub with screw on lid. The labels have a great color combination of red, gold and black. Each tub has a simple but direct statement of what the scent is. At the time of this writing the website seems to be under construction. I can’t figure out if this Bay Rum is part of the of the Premium collection for $14.99 or the classic at $12.99 because it wasn’t listed on the site for sale. I even tried Maggard Razors and found lots Through The Fire soaps but no Bay Rum.

I’ve had many Bay Rums over the years and this one I put in my top 5. It’s an instant classic for me. The ingredients listed reads Potassium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin and Fragrance

The best part of this soap is when I created a rich creamy lather that was off the charts. I had so much lather on my brush I could hardly see it. The coverage was fantastic too allowing me to paint a thick layer on my face and penetrating my 5-day old beard. The slickness and glide were just as good and the post shave feel wonderful.

So, I had a great shave with Through The Fire and would recommend them highly no matter with price you pay for them. Let's hope the website comes back soon with all the descriptions and product information so we all can order directly for the artisan.

Company: Through The Fire Fine Craft
Product: Bay Rum Shaving Soap Premium $14.99 / Classic at $12.99
http://www.TTFFCraft.Com
Lather_On_Brush.jpg
Lather_On_Brush.jpg (274.84 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
Lather.jpg
Lather.jpg (229.73 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
BayRumTub.png
BayRumTub.png (2.8 MiB) Viewed 1436 times
CMur12

Re: Through The Fire Fine Craft / Bay Rum Shaving Soap

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks for another great review, WetTheFace!

I find the amazingly short list of ingredients very attractive when combined with your positive review.

- Murray
brothers

Re: Through The Fire Fine Craft / Bay Rum Shaving Soap

Post by brothers »

Thank you for the review. This sounds like a very good shaving soap.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444