New (?) Truefitt & Hill shaving cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

New (?) Truefitt & Hill shaving cream

Post by brothers »

Apsley - here's the description from T&H website. The scent is of interest to me because it's woody and contains cedarwood. Has anyone here tried this one? I'm not familiar with it at all.

Apsley, named after the iconic London landmark and former residence of the 1st Duke of Wellington, has been formulated to ignite the senses with a refined blend of smouldering woods accentuated by light citrus notes. The harmonious overtones of woody vertivert are lifted with a refreshing essence of grapefruit and are accentuated by notes of pepper, while its heart of cedar- wood and patchouli, which has been enriched by sensual notes of musk, gives an alluring base to this captivating fragrance.
Product size 190g.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: New (?) Truefitt & Hill shaving cream

Post by fallingwickets »

this would be worth investigating if it was a soap

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Yeah, I'll be watching this thread.

Chris
ask4Edge

Post by ask4Edge »

Own a tub. In-/post-shave performance is as good as (if not better than) expected from T&H, and the (slightly cologne-y) scent is complex, warmly woody, slightly peppery, yet bright and refreshing, in my view.