Good Brushless Shaving Creams

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Ouchmychin

Good Brushless Shaving Creams

Post by Ouchmychin »

I have been using Alba Botanica's Very emollient cream. While it is pretty good, I have used better. If any member recalls a particularly impressive brushless, please post about it in this thread. I think one I tried may have been Kiss My Face, but I don't recall which flavor. Thanks.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Re: Good Brushless Shaving Creams

Post by brothers »

Pete, maybe this is what you might be looking for:
Re: The "science" of shaving?

Postby ShadowsDad » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Ouchmychin wrote:
I'll give it a try but It's so greasy that I will have to wash the brush in dish soap afterward.

Are you using the moisturizer or the shave cream? The shave cream isn't greasy at all, but water based and soapy. I almost made that mistake of confusing the two products when I bought my KMF shave cream.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite http://www.krampertsfinest.com/
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square

ShadowsDad

Postby Ouchmychin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:41 pm
Today I tried using a brush with Kiss My Face brushless. It was wonderful. When I loaded up the brush it foamed a bit and spread very evenly and thick. One of the best shave creams I have used. When I tried to rinse the brush the handle had an oily/greasy film. This is a water based product but it is also "super fatted". Might keep the bristles soft but eventually I will have to wash my brush in dish soap to get it all out.
Ouchmychin (Pete)

Ouchmychin

Postby ShadowsDad » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:43 pm
Pete, that doesn't sound at all like the KMF shave soap that is brushless. The stuff I use rinses free the same as any shave lather.

PM an address to me and I'll send you some pumps of the KMF I have.

Here's a link, do you find yours there? http://kissmyface.com/face/grid/natural-moisture-shaves
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite http://www.krampertsfinest.com/
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square

ShadowsDad

Postby Ouchmychin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:23 pm
Mine is the Cool Mint Moisture Shave. Thanks for the offer but I think these are similar products with different scents. It is the 4 in 1 part that seems to be the same, meaning the same base.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
mlb549

Post by mlb549 »

Kiss My Face is an outstanding brushless cream.. I use it because I can lather it with a brush, and use on its own very good merits or as an uberlather. There have been times my lather for the third pass is rather skimpy and I add just a dab of Kiss My Face cream and BOOM----plenty of lather. If you shop around, an 11 oz. bottle can be had for less than $10 with free shipping. I have several scents, they seem to be mild but very pleasant----also they have unscented as well.
Mike
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Thanks gents. That is what I was trying to find.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
mrhaywoode

Post by mrhaywoode »

I just got a couple containers of the "new" Master Wellcomb shave cream which is brushless. Has a good eucalyptus menthol kick and very cooling. Nice addition for Men of Menthol who are accepting of brushless. Would probably make a nice "pre shave", though I have not tried that application yet. Nice cooling with this, nice performance for me with use of a slant bar and then a older Schick injector.. Will see use this summer, and hope to try it under Proraso and my old Sandahl's shaving cream.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

A product that I really liked was Oliveology Shave Gel (more a slightly viscous liquid in a bottle), which worked exceptionally well.

It applied as a liquid and it felt like I didn't have much of anything on my face, but it provided excellent glide over a fine film that allowed a very close shave while providing an amazing level of protection. I could get a closer shave with a mild razor, yet it provided enough protection that I could use a more aggressive razor than I could otherwise.

I just checked the website (http://www.oliveology.com or oliveology products.com ) and it is once again available, for $9.99 a bottle, $16.49 for 2 bottles, or $43.95 for 6 bottles. Shipping is free. (I'm going to order a bunch of it now!)

Please note that my only connection with this company is as a satisfied customer. I have purchased all of their shave gel that I have used.

- Murray
mrhaywoode

Post by mrhaywoode »

I've also been really impressed with "Bump Patrol Cool Shaving Gel." Nice brushless and lathers up really great with a brush. Good lubricity, smooth shave, nice scent(reminds of the scent of the Clubman shave lather in a tube that came out a number of years ago). Slick and protective can easily see how it would help with bumps. Can lather up, shave. Then use the brush again with the residue and it will produce another nice lather without applying more product. That is face lathering of course.
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Thanks for those suggestions. I ordered a bottle of Kiss my Face Green tea yesterday but I will try the others too Then I will post my impressions.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
OliveologyProducts

Post by OliveologyProducts »

@CMur12 Thank-you for the awesome shout out! We are so glad to hear that you enjoy using our products! Make sure to follow us on our social platforms as we will be having monthly giveaways and special promotional deals coming up!
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

My first purchase was the Bump Patrol because it was the cheapest on Amazon. Waiting delivery.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I've yet to find a brushless cream that works well for me; admittedly it's not something I actively seek out. I've tried KMF, but use it with a brush and it makes excellent lather.
Bryan
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

OliveologyProducts wrote:@CMur12 Thank-you for the awesome shout out! We are so glad to hear that you enjoy using our products! Make sure to follow us on our social platforms as we will be having monthly giveaways and special promotional deals coming up!
Welcome to SMF, OliveologyProducts.

This is my social platform. I am not on Facebook or the like, so I won't be able to follow you or have access to promotional deals there. I have signed up for your e-mail news, however.

- Murray
mrhaywoode

Post by mrhaywoode »

More brushless creams I really like is the Jason Natural and Aubrey Organics City Rhythms(some sandalwood) and Spice Islands(nice bay rum).
Tucker

Post by Tucker »

I like Trader Joes Honey Mango. It is a sticky cream that requires frequent razor rinsing. It only sells for around $4. I reach for it when I am in a hurry, and it performs wonderfully. I wipe it off with a washcloth. I believe that VDH sells a similar product in stores like Wal-Mart/ Target, but I haven't tried it.
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

That sounds just like the Alba Botanica's Very emollient cream that I have been using. It looks like a cloudy gel; wets easily; and I need to rinse the razor under hot water freqrently
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

I have two brushless creams to suggest. I've used them both, and I don't hesitate to give them a good recommendation based on performance and availability. Both of them are intended to be used without a brush, but each of them make outstanding lather with a brush. The names are (1) Lucky Tiger liquid shave cream, and (2) Nancy Boy shaving cream.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444