RazoRock XXX

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
WetTheFace

RazoRock XXX

Post by WetTheFace »

Company: RazoRock
Product: XXX
Founder: Joseph Abbatangelo
Website - http://italianbarber.com
Story Updated on 7/29/2017

Wet Shavers have been talking about this soap for years. The history is legendary. Some people like the original others like the new tallow based creation. Since I’ve never had the opportunity to use the first version I can only give you my impressions of the one that’s available now.

RazoRock has a standard black plastic tub with a screw on lid for the majority of its soaps. The tubs also have a smaller second lid made of clear plastic, which sits, inside the first protecting the soap and allowing it to be sealed. All of Razorock soaps have an opening which is more than ample to lather from. A nice feature of this design is these tubs are stackable but without side labels, this feature is lost. The redesigned label and logo is truly eye catching. The tub pictured is from 2014.

What does the term Classic Barbershop scent really mean? Is it Pinaud ClubMan maybe it’s Penhaligon's Douro. Whatever it is Wet Shavers have been discussing this for some time now. One thing that comes up in almost every description is the word “Clean”. It’s a clean scent and that’s what I would use to describe Triple X a clean scent. The strength is on the strong side of the spectrum but after the shave is done it slowly disappears within a few hours. The scent was inspired by Acqua di Parma Colonia Classica. Here are the notes from the website: Top Notes Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Orange Blossom Heart Notes: Lilac, Lavender, Rose, Basil Base Notes: Hay, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Musk, Sandalwood, Oakmoss. The Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Water(Eau), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Potassium, Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Tallow Acid, Hydrogenated Lanolin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea)Butter Fragrance(Parfum), Argania Spinosa (Argan)Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Extract(Aloe), Amylcinnamic Aldehyde , Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hydrocitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Isoeugenol, A-Isomethylionone, Oakmoss(Evernia Prunasti).

You'll find no issues using a bowl or even if you decide to face lather. It only took me a min to create an incredible amount very rich and creamy. The coverage was great and got right into my 5-day old beard. The slickness and glide were tops allowing me to go over tough spots with my QShave razor without the irritation of any kind. My post shave feel was one for the books. *Please note I haven't used this soap in over some 2 years and it performed just like I just purchased it that day.

So, another great shaving soap from RazoRock a wonderful addition to any Den. If you decide to give this one a try please don't hesitate on your purchase they run out soon as they become available.

Company: RazoRock
Product: XXX 4.2oz $10.00
Website - http://italianbarber.com
Attachments
XXXtub.png
XXXtub.png (779.16 KiB) Viewed 3250 times
mlb549

Re: RazoRock XXX

Post by mlb549 »

Very nice review, sir! I have two versions of XXX and like the Tallow best, first version is a fine soap---but tallow really makes it come to life.
Mike
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

the problem with the original xxx made famous around here by the long lost member fisherc, is that it set such a high bar, razorock was never able to reach it again

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

fallingwickets wrote:the problem with the original xxx made famous around here by the long lost member fisherc, is that it set such a high bar, razorock was never able to reach it again

clive
Clive, that's my sentiment as well.
I still have a tub or two of the original as well as a few of the second formula. I also have a few tubs of the third 'hard' type formula , and yet the second and third don't compare to the outstanding quality of the first one.
The original formula was similar in the 'Classic' scent which was also outstanding.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

The original formula was similar in the 'Classic' scent which was also outstanding.
17 thumbs up on the sentiment, and while i have your eyes: very nice to see you out and about :D :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Many thanks Clive, I still visit often, but don't post as much as I used to.
As long as some of us old-timers are still around, it's always a pleasure to 'see' everyone here. :D :D :D
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
brothers

Post by brothers »

I had a tub of the first edition. My sense of smell is sometimes a puzzle. A lot of guys used to say it was ADP, but you couldn't prove it by me. I think I liked the soap at the time, but that was a long time ago.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

My memory is a little fuzzy on this, but did not the owner tell us he had to "change" the formula or the name, packaging, etc. because of some type of lawsuit? BTW I still have a little left of the original formula and I do like it. Maybe use it tomorrow. :D
Regards,
David