LatherBros - Flora Colossus & Aftershave Balm

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
WetTheFace

LatherBros - Flora Colossus & Aftershave Balm

Post by WetTheFace »

Company: Lather Bros
Product: Flora Colossus & AfterShave Balm
Founder: Andres Mateus

A few of my YouTube followers asked if could arrange to review the new Lather Bros Flora Colossus. That was back in July and now that it’s August I finally have the time to test and produced the promised review. Just a note as of this writing the website says SOLD OUT! Also, on my last review of this company’s website I pointed out some minor issues but they have all been resolved.

I don’t know if anyone has noticed this but the packaging on Lather Bros just keeps getting better with each new release. The Flora Colossus is a great example of this. I love the graphics. You absolutely know what this is all about the minute you lay eyes on it. A limited run tribute to one of the most beloved Marvel characters. Sold as a set shaving soap and balm.

Flora comes in a slightly translucent 4oz white plastic tub with a screw-on black lid. On the lid the label with the product name, logo and scent profile. Also for those who stack shaving soap, we have a side label with the name of the product, address, website location, logo, and ingredients.

The scent of Flora is a combination of Lavender, Asian Pear, and Cedar with the Cedar and Asian Pear up front and an end note of Lavender. Not a strong shaving soap out of the tub but that changes somewhat when you start to lather. The texture is soft so you can push your finger into it and if you bowl lather like me this poses no problem. The Ingredient Stearic Acid, Water, Tallow, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Glycerin, Sodium Lactate Essential Oils, and Fragrance

Lathering was no problem and I was able to whip up a bowl of this amazing rich creamy lather in a little over a min and during that time the scent increased as well. I had great coverage allowing me to “Paint my Face” so to speak and it really got into my beard. The slickness and glide are tops on Flora allowing my razor to go over trouble spots without irritation.

The Aftershave balm of this set is absolutely the star of the show for me. I’m not sure what in this that sets it apart from all the others but it sure was a pleasure to use. Not like balm’s I’ve used in the past this one was much thicker and just the right touch of menthol to create the perfect ending to a shave. Truly an outstanding product and should be added to the entire line and as a standalone menthol version as well.

So, I had a terrific shave with Flora Colossus and if we’re lucky enough to get a set before they sold out I’m sure you're having a terrific shave with them too. For the rest of you who missed out on this limited edition, we can only hope that Andres finds the time to make more.

Company: Lather Bros
Product: Flora Colossus 4oz / 2.5oz Aftershave Balm $18.99
Attachments
Lather.jpg
Lather.jpg (311.41 KiB) Viewed 2105 times
Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 12.11.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 12.11.46 AM.png (233.17 KiB) Viewed 2105 times
brothers

Re: LatherBros - Flora Colossus & Aftershave Balm

Post by brothers »

Thanks. I can already see this is a "no suds" thick and creamy lather, typical tallow soap. Just what I like to see!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444