OSP - Obsessive Soap Perfectionist - UK

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

OSP - Obsessive Soap Perfectionist - UK

Post by brothers »

I'm two shaves into this relatively new artisan soap made in the UK. The scent is called Grapefruit and Menthol. I've been looking forward to using this soap exclusively on a daily basis. It's a fairly hard tallow soap with a pleasant scent and just the right amount of menthol. The best features of this soap are the lather and the performance. Zero suds and outstanding post-lather residual slickness for touching up. I bought this soap a few months ago as a result of a positive review previously posted somewhere herein. I'm going to enjoy using this one up from start to finish. Might even lead to getting a backup or two.
Last edited by brothers on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
JayDee

Re: OSP - Obsessive Soap Professional - UK

Post by JayDee »

An excellent soap. Great lather in no time with a very nice citrusy scent and plenty of menthol goodness.
BPman

Re: OSP - Obsessive Soap Professional - UK

Post by BPman »

I have several samples of their soaps and they are indeed good, with their Orange Patchouli being my favorite.
brothers

Re: OSP - Obsessive Soap Perfectionist - UK

Post by brothers »

So far so good with the OSP Grapefruit & Menthol every day. Very dependable and there doesn't seem to be any annoying scent characteristic. Nice touch of menthol. It might be running out sometime in November.
Last edited by brothers on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yesterday James the gentleman who is the OSP (Obsessed Soap Perfectionist) officially closed his artisan shaving soap shop. It seems that the artisan soap field is crowded. In other bad news, the big factory guys who have fancy stores in London offering high priced good smelling balls of poorly lathering "shaving" soap are still in business. This is tragic. OSP soap was outstanding.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

So far I've used about 40% of the tub after 27 great shaves. This means it'll probably run out early in November at around 67 shaves.
Last edited by brothers on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

There may be some good news regarding this excellent product. James the owner has indicated he may be close to reopening his business. He had to discontinue when two members of his immediate family suddenly encountered some unrelated but quite serious health issues, and he had no time for soap in his immediate future. Happily, it may be possible for him to return to making his soaps again at an appropriate time in the future.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

As of today, 56 shaves from this tub. The end is near ---
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

The string ended at 59 shaves. (Following that one, there was a puck of Tabac that went a full 50 before it ran out.) Currently I'm working on a big pot of Smith Family Lime soap made with olive oil as the first ingredient (made in California).
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

The OSP website is back up and running. Evidently his shaving creams are very good, according to what I've seen posted elsewhere. In my experience, not many artisans are in the shaving cream business.
Gary