Myrsol Agua Balsamica soap/cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
blantyre

Myrsol Agua Balsamica soap/cream

Post by blantyre »

I'm currently in Valencia, Spain. A little research I found that there is a Santa Maria Novella shop and a store called Gifts and Care. Today I went to gifts and care specifically t buy a tub of Myrsol Agua Balsamica soap. I went to the street address and could find no evidence of a shop - in fact it was a combination of residential, small shops and some light warehousing. Since it had been quite a hike, I called the phone number and they kindly found someone who spoke English. They are in fact a mail order only operation with no showroom. They were good enough to let me into their very well stocked warehouse, pick out a few goodies and pay them in cash. They also gave me a huge selection of samples: Cella, Voskhod blades, Alvarez-Gomez and Acca Kappa sample vials and made me feel very welcome.

So in addition to a plug for Myrsol Agua Balsamica cream (it does contain lanolin by the way), I would strongly recommend checking out Gifts and Care.com https://www.giftsandcare.com/en/ - very pleasant people to do business with and a huge selection of especially European shaving gear of all kinds.
IMG_1564.JPG
IMG_1564.JPG (39.67 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
IMG_1566.JPG
IMG_1566.JPG (25.59 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
Rick
mlb549

Re: Myrsol Agua Balsamica soap/cream

Post by mlb549 »

Gifts and Care has a wonderful selection of shaving products, some of the best pricing as well. I have purchased from them the several times, great service, great vendor! I highly recommend them. It sounds like they are extremely accommodating as well. You must have had a wonderful time there. Thanks for sharing with us.
Mike
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

I used the soap for the second time today. A very different experience. The scent is very string - the classic Agua Balsamica scent of thyme and lavender only much stronger than in the splash. The soap lathers differently from most others and makes a very dense but fluid white "milk". It is rich and leaves an oily residue. While this description may not sound that impressive, it makes for a very good shave and leaves a very smooth moisturizing layer on the face. Clean up takes a little more work but well worth the effort IMO..
Rick
brothers

Post by brothers »

I have used the original cream/soap. I can attest to your results in my own experience. It's a bit different; it is strongly scented which may or may not be a positive attribute; and the performance and results are excellent in my opinion.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

not a fan...it stung my face :(
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

A plug for the vendor - I've purchased a couple of their items over the past few years. Their communication is very good, and they respond to any inquiry with an obvious sense of urgency and follow-through. Looking for another opportunity to do business with Gifts & Care.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444