The Real Shave CO.

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
WetTheFace

The Real Shave CO.

Post by WetTheFace »

Company: The Real Shave CO.
Product: Shave2 Cream / Post Shave Balm

So far, our UK care package has given us some wonderful products to talk about and this week is no exception. Today I bring you a shave cream and post shave balm from The Real Shave Company. Hard as I might I couldn’t find the shaving cream under the name “Shave2” on the website. I think it now goes by the name of "Traditional Shave Cream" this unique shaving cream is “Double concentrated” which gives you more slickness and glide for a comfortable shave.

The packaging is the standard tube with a flip to open lid. A giant RS logo on the front along with product name and description and amounts in ml and oz this one is 150ml or 5.07 fl oz. BTW after taking a second look, I found the packaging is now a light blue and no longer in the brown which is displayed here.

The scent of these two products I would place in the category of cologne which I really like. The problem is it doesn’t last long so that might be a little disappointing for some as it was for me. On the other hand, the good news is the face lather I created was really great it lathers up very well along with the amazing slickness and glide this has. This product allowed for a very close shave without any irritation while I went over trouble spots. The post shave feel was a good one but I wanted more of the scent when I was done.

The balm was a nice ending to the shave providing soothing and moisturizing to the skin which it needs after a close shave like I had. It was so good I used it twice.

So, I had a great shave with RS and would recommend them for someone who wanted to try something different without breaking the bank. If interested go to the company’s website you’ll find numerous products to choose from in all categories of skin care.

Company: The Real Shave CO.
Product: Shave2 Cream/ Post Shave Balm
Attachments
Tub.png
Tub.png (507.63 KiB) Viewed 2219 times
Rufust445

Re: The Real Shave CO.

Post by Rufust445 »

The local Rite Aid store used to carry Real Shaving Co. cream in 150 ml. tubes, and it was a bargain when on sale for $3.99. The stuff disappeared from Rite Aid shelves at the end of 2014, and in early 2015 it was announced that Creightons had sold the brand to another company. I managed to get two 100 ml tubes from a well known UK site, but Paul there later acknowledged that the new owners had liquidated existing stock and allowed the brand to die. Sounds like new owners have allowed this brand to rise again like the Phoenix.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, since I started using two of the latest synthetic brushes, I've discovered soaps, mostly from Italian Barber, and the LEA soap stick.

Then again, who knows what lies ahead for LEA, since its headquarters are in the Basque region of Spain. With the rioting going on in the Catalan region of Spain over secession, rumor has it that the Basque region may be next. Then again, LEA is a company that has been making soap since the 1850's...

I still have a few tubes of various creams, but since I discovered good soaps with the latest synthetic brushes...