New product - Castle Forbes 1445 shaving cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

New product - Castle Forbes 1445 shaving cream

Post by brothers »

Today I have learned that Castle Forbes has released a new fragrance of shaving cream called 1445. There is mention of this new product on at least one UK shaving forum. It is obviously the match for the CF 1445 fragrance that has been offered for some time now. I may be mistaken but at this time it seems to be sold only by a small handful of UK vendors.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Re: New product - Castle Forbes 1445 shaving cream

Post by brothers »

I will interrupt this lively discussion to say I ordered a sample of this shaving cream.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Never used Castle Forbes, Gary, but am looking forward to reading your review nonetheless.

Gareth
brothers

Post by brothers »

I still haven't used my sample (I know the cream is a very good product), it smells ok to me, but my wife tells me it smells very nice. I'm sticking with the Cedarwood/Sandalwood and Lime.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Id love to join the castle forbes fan wagon....unfortunately my skin says "Nein!!!"

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Update - last evening I decided to use the recently acquired vintage Dubl Duck professional boar brush to palm lather the sample of the CF 1445 cream. It made a great lather, but unfortunately (unrelated to the brush of course) the sweet perfumy scent was overwhelming and almost made me gag. It's deceptive. At the beginning, one says "wow, smells nice!", then after use and cleanup, the room stinks, the brush stinks, my hands stink, and it is definitely not my cup of tea. Glad I only bought the sample. This morning it went bye-bye. That just confirms my earlier decision - I'm sticking with the CF Cedarwood/Sandalwood and the Lime.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

good to know im not missing out on anything special :D Thanks gary!
de gustibus non est disputandum