Williams Redux

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
EL Alamein

Re: Williams Redux

Post by EL Alamein »

Bryce the MWF bath soap is fantastic! I love the scent of it too. The scent is quite different from the MWF shaving soap though. I wish the shaving soap scent matched the bath scent as I would use it quite a lot.

Chris
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

EL Alamein wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:37 pm Bryce the MWF bath soap is fantastic! I love the scent of it too. The scent is quite different from the MWF shaving soap though. I wish the shaving soap scent matched the bath scent as I would use it quite a lot.

Chris
Chris, I was disappointed that the bath soap didn't smell like the shaving soap! :?

- Murray
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Murray, ha ha! Touche, my friend. We've all got our tastes and it's good that there are vendors of all types to cater to them.

I will say this: I was surprised they didn't smell the same either. Years ago I bought the MWF bath soap and I loved it and used it for a long time. When I first bought a cake of it though I fully expected it to smell the same as the shave soap. Even though I was not a great fan of that scent I was willing to try the bath soap to see if it was something that I'd like. Ce la vie!

Chris
Gene

Post by Gene »

I have been using MWF soap for a year or so, and I like it too.

A bit expensive, but it is really nice.

MWF shave soap is in my rotation, but I never thought about them having different scents. My nose must be out of spec if I can't detect a difference.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

Williams...

I recently dug out a puck from my stockpile but have no idea about the age. I'd guess 8-10 years. Been using as is with a Semogue 1250 boar and it lathers well enough for me. I have tallow soaps which I like better, but Williams does work.

Regards, gents.
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)