Review of River Valley Trading Roseline shaving soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
JayDee

Review of River Valley Trading Roseline shaving soap

Post by JayDee »

Is this ever a fantastic soap - it's made in South Africa!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Explosive, rich, beautiful lather in less than thirty swirls!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--This lather will last for as long as you want!

General skincare: 8.5/10--Excellent. Leaves a very well-moisturized and comfortable post-shave feeling.

Scent: 8.5/10--Much nicer than any other rosy-scented soap I've used. It's got an earthy note to it as well.

Price: N/A--I must plead ignorance there because I have no idea! lolll

Would I buy again: 10/10--YES!!!!!!!!!!!

It's thanks to my dear friend Mohamed Peer, the owner of River Valley Trading that I discovered this wonderful soap and it's also thanks to the South African Master Shave wetshaving group that I discovered the talent of artisans in your country. This is one soap which at first I was a bit unsure of because of its scent but after doing a comparison of it alongside the Klar Kabinett soap I realized that the Roseline smells MUCH more manly because it's got that earthy note in it which tones down the rosiness. It also gives some of the best lather and blade glide I've ever experienced with such good skincare!
Attachments
RVT-Roseline-Shaving-Soap-Bowl-Closed.jpg
RVT-Roseline-Shaving-Soap-Bowl-Closed.jpg (543.03 KiB) Viewed 2699 times
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Review of River Valley Trading Roseline shaving soap

Post by fallingwickets »

thanks for the review....always interesting to see competition in the rose field :D Im wondering what the french clay is all about

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
JayDee

Re: Review of River Valley Trading Roseline shaving soap

Post by JayDee »

I guess it helps with either the lather or the skincare.