Review of River Valley Trading Chapmunk shaving soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
JayDee

Review of River Valley Trading Chapmunk shaving soap

Post by JayDee »

This is another wonderful South African-made soap!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--One of the easiest latherers I ever saw!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Perfect stability!

General skincare: 9/10--So soothing and gentle. A bit of a cooling effect as well. Also contains chamomile.

Scent: 8.5/10--Lovely spearmint which is so refreshing.

Price: N/A--I traded for it. I really don't know the price.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Gladly!

My second soap from South Africa and I think it's great. This Chapmunk has all the right ingredients in it like chamomile, for example to give a wonderful post-shave feeling. It's so refreshing it's so easy to lather, and it sure smells great!

A very special thanks to my good friend Mo for his generosity. Unfortunately River Valley Trading doesn't sell internationally yet, but hopefully soon.
Attachments
171209230535_Chapmunk.jpg
171209230535_Chapmunk.jpg (58.9 KiB) Viewed 2887 times
brothers

Re: Review of River Valley Trading Chapmunk shaving soap

Post by brothers »

Jeff, this sounds like a nice shaving soap. Knowing that there is an active South African wet shaving forum makes me curious as to what they say about the old formula Williams shaving soap that was made there and recently discontinued just a couple of years ago.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
JayDee

Re: Review of River Valley Trading Chapmunk shaving soap

Post by JayDee »

Hi Gary,

The Williams stick was discontinued a couple of years ago but River Valley Trading stocks the Roseline soap which is a good take on the scent of the Williams stick that was also rosy. This Chapmunk is fantastic and so are all the other RVT soaps I have!