Domenico Caraceni 1913 and XPEC unscented

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Domenico Caraceni 1913 and XPEC unscented

Post by brothers »

Two of the better shaving creams I've used. Big tubs, big lathers, big prices. These two were made in Italy several years apart. I think any one among us can name other well known shaving creams that perform this well at lower cost. As someone here remarked recently, if anyone has a favorite scent it would be easy to add the favorite fragrance to the unscented XPEC (including the DC fragrance, Penhaligons, you name it. The list is endless.)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Re: Domenico Caraceni 1913 and XPEC unscented

Post by brothers »

With the recent disappearance of XPEC it seems that both of these excellent Italian shaving cream products are no longer available.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

I saw this post a few days ago. While I couldn’t definitively confirm that Xpec is no longer it did seem to out of stock at most places. Gifts and Care did however have both scented and unscented in stock so I bought a supply. Maybe worth checking if you are keen to get some of what may be the last of the line. Worse, it may come back reformulated and re priced as an expensive but second rate performer!
Rick
brothers

Post by brothers »

Latest news from Connaught the XPEC is back in stock as of just a couple of days ago at a good price. See the post in SMF Shopping topic.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

gary, arent you supposed to be on a buying shave cream moratorium? :D :D :D
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yes Clive, that's true. As a matter of fact I just finished off a huge tub of XPEC unscented a few weeks ago and am planning on selling off a bunch of stuff pretty soon. I'm only passing along this information as a public service!
Gary