Himalaya shaving soap from Men's Soap Co.

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Himalaya shaving soap from Men's Soap Co.

Post by brothers »

Today I tried a new (to me) product. Men's Soap Co. makes it. I got the Himalaya. It's all natural and the main ingredient is glycerin. Others are coconut oil, castor oil, sodium hydroxide, purified water, hybrid safflower seed oil, sorbitol, shea butter, soy, and Himalaya fragrance. This one lathered quite well following just about 10 seconds loading time, and held up pretty well during the course of the single lathering pass. Following a splash of water for the touchup, it was slick. It reminds me of the Straight Razor Designs glycerin soap which I have used and enjoyed in the past. If you prefer all natural glycerin soaps this is a good one.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Legman

Re: Himalaya shaving soap from Men's Soap Co.

Post by Legman »

I have The a Sandalwood version. After a light trim of the puck with a cheese slicer, it fits nice and tight in an old spice mug. To me it’s a really nice Soap. I really like it.