Please Be Aware of Counterfeits

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
MensSoapCo

Please Be Aware of Counterfeits

Post by MensSoapCo »

Men's Soap Company counterfeits sold on Alibaba: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 34147.html

We were sent this link today by a customer. Though we are flattered, this isn't new for us, unfortunately. It's frustrating to see all of our hard work faked so easily and we don't have the legal capacity as a small business to fight it all. Even the large tech giants can't stop China's ZTE from stealing US tech and brands. Hence, formally filing complaints on Alibaba doesn't fix the issue, as the vendor simply opens up another storefront with fake certs.

This types of finding personally bother us because we put our own hard earned money and sweat into making and testing the soap formula, packaging one soap at a time in our basement at the start. It is infuriating to be honest because I'm sitting at my desk working on packaging design for our next product and I can only imagine some Chinese vendor can simply steal it and put it on Alibaba for which we have no recourse because... China.

Have you ever been to a China Town and come across counterfeits? Surely, you would figure it's real because the packaging looks very real, then later realize the quality is not what you're expecting. If there is any consolation, at least we know they can't replicate our formula. If you feel so inclined, buy from the Chinese vendor and test against ours. We're very confident you'll quickly trash the counterfeit :)

If you have any questions or suggestions, we'd be happy to discuss them.

Thanks,
Omar
The irritation-free shaving soaps!
Shop Men's Soap Company - MensSoap.com
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Please Be Aware of Counterfeits

Post by drmoss_ca »

Vendor's business-related posts really ought to go in Shopping, but since I feel sorry for you I'll leave this one here.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
MensSoapCo

Re: Please Be Aware of Counterfeits

Post by MensSoapCo »

I did it again, sorry! Thanks for the consideration :)
drmoss_ca wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:36 am Vendor's business-related posts really ought to go in Shopping, but since I feel sorry for you I'll leave this one here.

Chris
The irritation-free shaving soaps!
Shop Men's Soap Company - MensSoap.com