Another outstanding brushless shaving cream from Lush

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Another outstanding brushless shaving cream from Lush

Post by brothers »

Four years ago I encountered a brushless shaving cream that was comparable to my all time favorite (discontinued Ingram's Brushless). This new cream is currently made and sold by Lush, a BC Canadian firm. That cream was/is called Dirty. In addition to Dirty, Lush also offers a liquid/lotion brushless shaving cream they call Ambrosia. Recently my oldest daughter gifted me both of those Lush brushless creams. I am now 7 shaves in with the Ambrosia. This stuff is outstanding. I consider the performance of Ambrosia to be as impressive as the old Ingram's brushless. I love my brushes and the soaps and creams that require a brush. It doesn't bother me at all to use a unisex brushless shaving cream any time and any place.

Here's a link to my previous thread where Dirty brushless is discussed. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53863&p=646690&hili ... ms#p646690

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Re: Another outstanding brushless shaving cream from Lush

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks for passing this knowledge on, Gary.

Is this product fragranced?

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

Murray, it has a mild, quite pleasant fragrance. I can't put my finger on anything specific. I asked my wife to describe it and she said it smells good, but again, nothing stands out. After the shave and rinse, any lingering fragrance is miniscule or non-existent.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks, Gary. I can sometimes tolerate a mild fragrance, though it isn't always predictable.

I don't have any problem with Valobra Shave Sticks, for example. Occasionally, I will get one that is more strongly fragranced, in which case I just unwrap it and leave it out in the garage for awhile. (This doesn't work with all fragranced soaps, however.)

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

After about 14 shaves in a row with Ambrosia, it needs to be pointed out that after the shave and rinsing there seems to be a soft and moisturized face-feel that contributes to the overall positive shaving experience. YMMV.
Gary