Fall/Winter Soap Scents?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
HBK42581

Fall/Winter Soap Scents?

Post by HBK42581 »

Been out of the game for YEARS. Back to shaving every other day again for the foreseeable future due to alopecia barbae taking my beard away. :-( SOOOOOOO, who has the nicest fall/winter soap scent? Something pumpkin-y would AWESOME. Thanks!
Scott "The Heart Break Kid"

brothers

Re: Fall/Winter Soap Scents?

Post by brothers »

Yikes Scott! I don't know the answer, but I took a fast look at google and there are a great many pumpkin artisan soaps out there! I'd recommend you take a look at the dozens of examples, and buy yourself two or three or four that catch your fancy. I recently did that when I was lusting for Vetiver. I found 6! Now I'm covered up in vetiver soaps, just waiting to use them. Good luck!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Um, er .... MWF??

Anything sandalwood for me, and I particularly find Tabac an excellent fall and winter soap.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tabac always on the list.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Scott, I've never thought much about certain scents for certain seasons. For me, if it's a citrus EO scent, I'm happy any time of the year.

- Murray
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

How could MWF and Tabac not be on the list? :D
To paraphrase a 1966 movie: A soap for all seasons

In addition Haslinger Ewe’s Milk and Sandalwood, Martin de Candre Fougere, and - maybe a bit of an outlier - Musgo Real Orange Amber.
For some reason I associate the latter with Christmas, but that could be because a few years back, when I used Musgo Real Orange Amber intensively during a Christmas holiday in (out of all places) Marrakesh, the local markets were full of the scent of oranges.

You know, the old scent-memory association....

B
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
Thunderbolt_A10

Post by Thunderbolt_A10 »

It's true that Christmas in Morocco doesn't smell the same as Christmas in Maine :mrgreen: I asked my girlfriend for expertise, and she says that it'd be better for a man to go for Tabac or sandalwood in winter. She says it gives off a serious and refined vibe, while citrus would be, in her opinion, too feisty, too "light"... Unless it's in Marrakech, of course.