Sweet Almond Oil and Safari

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
churchilllafemme

Sweet Almond Oil and Safari

Post by churchilllafemme »

Some backup tubs of C&E Sweet Almond Oil shaving cream and a couple backup pucks of Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap, both top favorites, arrived. I think I have enough soaps and creams now to last me about 12 years, probably longer than I'll be wet shaving.
_______
John
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Sweet Almond Oil and Safari

Post by drmoss_ca »

The first step is to admit you have a problem......

I can admit that. My problem is not enough soap!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
EL Alamein

Re: Sweet Almond Oil and Safari

Post by EL Alamein »

One of these days I'll get a cake of that Safari soap. It has slightly intrigued me for many years.

As a much younger man I wore the scent, it was my Friday scent. I liked it and it always drew positive comments, but that was many years ago. Now I can't even stand to wear it, it's too obnoxious. My olfactories are forever changed by having better quality offerings.

However, I will occasionally have a sniff of the bottle or put a drop on the back of my wrist while smoking a cigar just for the nostalgia of it. It's tolerable that way (and I still have that old bottle of it).

I imagine whatever stock of the soap that's still left has calmed down in scent and it may be suitable for a nostalgic moment. I'm not quite moved yet but it still intrigues me.

Chris