Reitzer shaving soap - an el cheapo from South Africa!

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Yehuda D

Reitzer shaving soap - an el cheapo from South Africa!

Post by Yehuda D »

Hey guys!

This is one heck of a nice drugstore soap made in South Africa which is perfect for anybody on a shoestring budget. It’s one of the few glycerin soaps I really enjoy. Here’s why:

Ease of lathering: 10/10–Great lather and fast!

Longevity of lather: 10/10–Awesome stability!

General skincare: 8.5/10–Very comfortable and moisturizing as well as protective.

Scent: 8.5/10–Ahhh, I love it - very old-school and barbershoppy.

Price: 10/10–In South Africa this stuff sells for about two bucks. Cheap as chips!

Would I buy again: 10/10–You better believe it!

Reitzer is the only commercial shaving soap still available in South Africa because the famous Williams stick was discontinued several years ago. This soap will treat your skin really good, it lathers great, it smells so nice, and it costs so little!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.02 MiB) Viewed 3004 times
brothers

Re: Reitzer shaving soap - an el cheapo from South Africa!

Post by brothers »

Cheap and good! That's a winning combination. Thanks!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Bill_K

Re: Reitzer shaving soap - an el cheapo from South Africa!

Post by Bill_K »

Yes, thanks for the review! My lovely bride and I are travelling to RSA this May and I'll keep an eye out for this and Palmshave while I'm there.

Bill
Bill