Shaving cream recommendations

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Blackcat9

Shaving cream recommendations

Post by Blackcat9 »

Greetings to all.

I have been using Proraso for a number of years with great success and enjoyment. Thinking of trying something new. Recommendations please. Thanks.
"...take a sharp sword and use it as a barber's razor to shave...your beard."
Ezekiel 5:1
brothers

Re: Shaving cream recommendations

Post by brothers »

Try anything from the likes of Taylor's, Salter's, Art of Shaving, Trumpers, and Castle Forbes. Taylor's and Salter's are inexpensive while providing some great performance and a wide variety of fragrances. The others are more expensive. This is my suggestion. You'll soon have a lot more! :D Good luck with your hunt.
Last edited by brothers on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Blackcat9

Post by Blackcat9 »

Thank you, Gary!
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

In addition to the excellent, affordable options from TOBS (in my opinion unmatched in the cream market in terms of performance), I recommend Asylum Shave Works creams from Bullgoose. I took a chance on a tub recently and was rewarded with terrific lather and scent (I chose the European Barbershop fragrance; it's a bit like an upscale Taylor Shaving Shop and a joy to use). It's made by Creighton's, I believe, who also makes Taylor, Harris, et al. Really good stuff.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Blackcat9

Post by Blackcat9 »

Thank you, Tim!