Myrsol Agua Balsamica soap revisited

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
blantyre

Myrsol Agua Balsamica soap revisited

Post by blantyre »

About 2 years ago I bought a tub of Myrsol Agua Balsamica soap. I like the AS once in a while and looked forward to trying the soap. The scent was spot on - just like the AS. The lather was less successful. It made a very greasy, thin, liquid - hard to even get enough on the brush to apply, almost like milk. The greasiness clogged up the razor and made the brush sticky. After 2 or 3 tries the tub was pushed to the back of the cupboard to make room for other stuff. A couple of weeks ago I pulled it out with an idea of PIFing or maybe just dumping it but decided to try again for a week before a final decision. Using my only boar brush - first day much as I remembered. 2nd day about the same but a few "scrambled egg" nuggets of lather. 3rd day a bit more consistent lather. After the 4th day it is lathering more like a normal soap - good density, very fine lather, uniform lather texture. The greasiness has subsided but there is enough richness that it is pleasantly moisturizing. I'm very glad that I gave it a second chance. Perhaps the early stage was some of the lanolin just on the top couple of mm of the tub changing the behavior? I don't know but now I am into the main body of the tub it seems to be very good. Hopefully it will stay that way and there won't be a dry spot at the bottom of the tub. For now I will enjoy what turns out to be an excellent summer product. If you have a tub and maybe gave up consider revisiting it - it you are impatient perhaps just scrape off the top layer - it's a bit too think to mix.
Rick
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Myrsol Agua Balsamica soap revisited

Post by fallingwickets »

thanks for the review...maybe some of other hoarders here at smf will take your advice and use some of their myrsol too :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum