Body Shop cream = Wonderful experience.

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Wet

Body Shop cream = Wonderful experience.

Post by Wet »

This is my first post! What a perfect shave I had this morning with Body Shop tub cream!. After good, but quite different experiences, with Musgo Real and Proraso tub I bought yesterday a Body Shop cream made in UK and I must say this cream is really superb, no cuts, no rudeness only a perfect close shaving. The lather is magnificent and lubricates wonderfully my hard beard and sensitive skin. My Gilette Platinium blades (I live in Europe!) simply glide over my skin and in the end my skin was superbly smooth. I would like to hear other experiences from more experienced Members.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

I tried the Body Shop cream and it rewarded me with a super-close, smooth and comfortable shave and left my skin soft and well moisturized, but I hated the scent, so I stopped shaving with it.

Jeff
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

I do like the scent
Steve

Post by Steve »

I love the shave, I love the scent and it's available locally at a reasonable price!
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Rafik, la mousse de Body Shop est impeccable ainsi que le rasage, mais l'odeur me derange, je ne sais pas pourquoi. Dommage, parce que cette creme est vraiment bonne.

Jeff
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

Chacun ses goûts, c'est compréhensible
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

(Body shop cream's odour is deranged.) :lol: 8)
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

notthesharpest wrote:(Body shop cream's odour is deranged.) :lol: 8)
Thanks for the translation! That's actually quite funny :lol:
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
aircraft_electrician

Post by aircraft_electrician »

While wandering around the mall today I spotted a newly opened Body Shop and stopped in to check out this very cream. It looked like a quality cream, but I just couldn't get into the scent of it, so I left it there on the shelf.

On the way home (it's an hour drive) I got to thinking about it some more. They also sell quite a few fragrant oils; how would it work if I found one that smelled nice and mixed it in with the cream? I've heard alot of good things about this stuff, but I just don't like the boring scent.

Tom
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Tom,

Too bad you didn't ask for a sample! I felt the same way about DR Harris' Almond. BORING. Until I whipped it into a lather!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

so, . . what does it smell like.......?
Produce great people, the rest follows.
- Elbert Hubbard
Hawkish

Post by Hawkish »

notthesharpest wrote:(Body shop cream's odour is deranged.) :lol: 8)
Actually, since he said "me derange", making himself the indirect object, Body Shop cream's odor makes him deranged. ;)

Adam
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Adam, "me derange" in French means disturbs me, or bothers me.

Jeff
yasuo200365

Post by yasuo200365 »

Living in England with a Body Shop in just about every High Street the brand has little status...., but that apart I'm not a fan of their shaving creams - I have a little used tube in the guest bedroom, but I doubt it will ever get used.

IMV there are a number of better High St. creams out there for considerably less. Personally I also think D.R.Harris is leaps & bounds ahead.

Still, you like it and that is what counts.

Regards
John
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

John, without a doubt, DR Harris is way ahead of Body Shop, at lest in scent.

Jeff
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

I like the Body Shop shaving cream. The scent is subtle, and I get great shaves with it. One appeal of this cream is that it is available locally. No ordering, just run to the mall.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Blue As A Jewel

I haven't used my Bodyshop cream in months and decided to use it this morning. I forgot that it contains Sesame Oil, and while I was not particularly fond of the scent when I first purchased it - This morning it was quite nice!

Got an excellent lather and a wonderful shave - my face felt smooth and conditioned.

One of the benefits of this cream is that it IS widely available - so if one is caught i.e travelling etc. then it is pretty easy to find in any major centre.

Two thumbs (and a couple of toes) up!
- Ravi -

Hawkish

Post by Hawkish »

crackstar wrote:Adam, "me derange" in French means disturbs me, or bothers me.

Jeff,

Je conviens, je sais, mais j'ai pensé qu'il était plus amusant quand on mal traduit...

Adam
CRR

Post by CRR »

This is one of the shaving creams that people either like or don't like. I like it very much and I actually like the scent myself. Great shave, great price.
Chris.

Steady Boy, Steady!
Blue As A Jewel

Hawkish wrote:
crackstar wrote:Adam, "me derange" in French means disturbs me, or bothers me.

Jeff,

Je conviens, je sais, mais j'ai pensé qu'il était plus amusant quand on mal traduit...

Adam
Adam - Impressive! maybe you should think about leaving the Motor City and moving north!
- Ravi -