Arran's/TJ Maxx 2nd Chance?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Arran's/TJ Maxx 2nd Chance?

Post by mantic »

Gents-- I went by my local TJ Maxx today, and lo-and-behold, there as another one of the Arran Aromatics vetiver gift sets (shaving cream, aftshave soother, body soap, face scrub, etc.). Those of you who missed getting the shaving cream the first time around may get another chance. It was clearanced out...$7! :shock:

--Mark
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Hi Todd--

I can't say as I'm crazy about the Vetiver scent...its smells more "burnt" than "smokey" to me...but the shaving cream gives a great shave. I intend to give the gift set, and an inexpensive badger brush, to my brother-in-law for Christmas. At the moment he's one of those whatever-canned-cream-is-cheapest-at-the-grocery-store types. One of his sons also uses a Mach3 and Edge gel right now; I plan to get him a badger brush and some decent cream (haven't decided what though--may Truefitt & Hill Freshman or Clubman--and some Trumper Skin Food) for Christmas as well.

--Mark
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Todd--

Two bucks!! Such a deal. Funny, by coincidence I just used mine this morning...got a wonderful shave out of it. My tub is also a little "looser" than other creams I have, but I find that it loads very well into my small (3.75 inch) Savile Row super badger with just a little more whipping compared to my other creams. I know what you mean by "cutting thin" but I find if I lather then gently squeeze my brush and relather I get a better pass.

--Mark