Shaving Cream Review: Taylor of Old Bond Street: Almond

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Shaving Cream Review: Taylor of Old Bond Street: Almond

Post by Chris »

Gents,

As some of you may know, I enjoy the Taylor of Old Bond Street line immensely. There are three reasons I enjoy the Taylor line. The first is the shave it provides, I find Taylor's creams to be very slick and lubricating providing for a close, comfortable shave. The second are the scents. Most Taylor's scents do not strike me as single note scents, they are a blend of various scents that are VERY aromatic. Lastly, is purely economical. Taylor's is the cheapest of the three T's, and it takes VERY little to make a great deal of lather. It is my opinion that a tub of Taylor's, used in a weekly rotation of several other creams, will last at least a year. Of all the Taylor scents, Almond is my favorite non-cologne scented cream.

Texture/Appearance

All Taylor's creams have basically the same appearance, aside from color. They all are extremely dense and tightly packed in the tub. A little bit definitely goes a long way with this cream.

Latherability

Almond, much like other Taylor creams, produces a profuse lather that is thick, slick and very well hydrated from a very small portion of cream. I use an amount about the size of an almond and I get at least enough lather to shave three people easily. Judging by how much is left in the brush and the bowl when I finish, I would say I could get at least 10-12 passes from a single almond size amount, if not more. Very impressive.

Scent

This is my favorite non-cologne scent in the Taylor's line, is awfully damn close to being my favorite overall. Have you ever been in a REAL Italian bakery? I'm not talking about the bakery section at your grocery store, but a REAL ITALIAN bakery. If you have, and you have smelled a Macaroon, this cream smells quite similar. Like Amaretto. Like Maraschino Cherries mixed with almonds and a touch of coconut. The scent is simply intoxicating. For a real treat, heat the lather with a hotpot and fill the entire house with this fascinating scent.

The Shave

The shave I get from this cream is fantastic. My skin feels soft and supple upon completion, and i encounter no drag or nicks.

Try this with...

Sapone Alla Mandorla Blanca/White Almond bar soap and body wash. Prime your brush on the bar soap and your lather will become even MORE lubricating and slick and provide an ultra close shave. This soap can be found at TJ Maxx

The Verdict

10/10. One of, if not my favorite creams of all. I use it at least twice a week.
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

Thanks for the great review. I can't wait to add this cream to my next order!
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Sean,

You'll love this cream. And if you have a female in the house, I guarantee you she'll love it too. My wife adores it, she even made her friends smell it, and they all like it too. You really can't go wrong with this one...
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

My wife really loves Taylor's Eton College. It sounds like if I add Taylor's almond, I'll never get any work done around the house!
:D