Brushless shaving cream for sensitive skin?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
acoldspoon

Brushless shaving cream for sensitive skin?

Post by acoldspoon »

I have a good friend who is using Khiel's and might be open to using another cream, as it tends to clog the blades. What would you guys recommend for someone who:
Won't be using a brush
Has sensitive skin
Uses an M3
Cheers,
Peter J
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Nancy Boy is designed as a brushless cream. Might be worth a shot.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I have heard Cremo Creme is quite good.
Richard
wrath186

Post by wrath186 »

I can definately reccomend the Nancy Boy.
aircraft_electrician

Post by aircraft_electrician »

Though some here love Nancy Boy, I still haven't tried it yet. I can recommend Kiss My Face Moisture Shave though. It works fantastic with a brush, and still lathers well without a brush. It's slick as can be, doesn't clog my blade, and I get a great shave with it.

Tom
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

In my opinion Cremo Cream is really good. I also like Brave Soldier Brave Shave a lot too. I get really good shaves with those two.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
vontech

Post by vontech »

I used Nancy Boy and an M3P a couple of days in the last week when I was really in a hurry. Impressive combination, and even better than when I last used an M3P, consdiering that I am now carefully using a "reduction" method while using it.

Previously, I just SCRAPED it up and down until my beard was gone.

No irritation at all with the Nancy Boy.
-- Tom

"Used to be" a SHAVEGEEK, now recovered (sob!)
soulshine

Post by soulshine »

i used jack black from time to time while using the mach3. a little on the expensive side & not technically a cream. i have since defected from the mach3 but i remember it rinsing very well from the blades & worked well with my sensitive skin.

s~s
z

Post by z »

Nancy Boy's cream is one of my favorite creams. It's pretty thick though, and has a fair bit of avacado oil in it. It can clog the blades if you do't use enough water. Maybe your friend isn't using enough?

My face never felt so great as it does with Nancy Boy. It's great with or without a brush. Using a brush really makes it go a long way.
Zach
YS

Post by YS »

Cremo Cream is great, I just expatiated this week end and combined 2 (CC) parts to 1 Palmolive and found the CC smell to almost disappear / or less pronounced . You will find that all the Kiss my face shaving products will work very well brushless. The other one (you will not find too much information about this product on this forum) is earthscience moisturizing shaving crème. You will find this product to be very lubricating and you should end up with a close smooth shave with no irritation. It has Azulene (blue chamomile flower), Aloe and Vitamin E. It contains no soap.

Take care,

YS
Last edited by YS on Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.

RWA
acoldspoon

Post by acoldspoon »

I'm also thinking that T&H Ultimate Comfort might be good too. Anyone try it brushless?
Cheers,
Peter J
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

I would suggest the Baxter's of California. Their Shaving creams are gentle as silk. Very Good brushless and i find works better for sensitive skin than jack black.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
Cutman

Post by Cutman »

I've had great shaves with "Molle" brushless. Inexpensive and basic, as far as ingredients. It's not fragrance-free, but it's light enough not to irritate my girly skin.

Also, I've been using "Waleda" as a brushless. Stuff is fantastic. I get a frothier lather with my fingers than I can with my brush. Just use lots of water, and use the cream sparingly so as not to clog the razor.
lux

Molle excellent

Post by lux »

Hello wet shaving friends,

Molle is excellent. The other brands, except for Weleda, that originates near Basle here in Switzerland, are unknown here, AFAIK.

Greetings,

lux
custom410

Post by custom410 »

I have had quite good experiences with the American Crew Classic Shave cream. Very slick, nice scent, no irritation. It pairs well with Pacific Shave Oil, however, I'm not convinced of any added benefit from the PSO.

Classic Shave Cream, followed with their AS Moisturizer leaves the face smooth and feeling treated very well. Rather inexpensve too!
Cheers,
Rob
Brett G
Viscount Krona

Post by Brett G »

There are more brushless preparations out there than you can shake a stick at. Most will work fairly well. My favorite inexpensive, locally available brushless is Trader Joe's Honey Mango. The very best brushless product is HydroLast shaving paste. It is very pure and very skin friendly. It is a little pricey at $15 for a 4oz jar but worth it in my book.
Brett
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

Nivea sensitive shave gel is very good in my opinion
Climb14er

Post by Climb14er »

Molle is the #1 brushless shave cream that I use and I have four kinds! Great for a quick shave or for traveling.

Buy it from Charles at www.qedusa.com :wink:
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.