Proraso Shave Cup & the Hot Pot

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Proraso Shave Cup & the Hot Pot

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello All,

Found a good way to get very warm Proraso lather using my Proraso cup with my Rival hot pot. As you know, the Proraso cup is more of a hard soap than a cream, so it requires a slight variant on lathering if we want nice, warm lather. The same technique can be used for your shave soaps.

1) Bring the water in the hot pot up to boiling the usual way. Place your brush in the "heating mug" or bowl and pour in the very hot water to cover the bristles. Turn the hot pot down to simmer.

2) After about a minute, remove the brush and stand it on its end to let the water run out. Next, don't flick off any water and directly swirl and lather the brush on the Proraso cup. You get very nice, very warm eucalyptic lather.

3) After you have sufficiently lathered on your face, squeeze out all the lather you can from the brush and just smear it on your face. No need to waste warm lather.

4) Replenish the "heating" mug or bowl with more hot water form the hot pot. Put the brush in this hot water while you shave.

5) When you are ready for the second pass, remove the brush, stand on end again, do not flick off excess, and directly relather on the Proraso cup. Nice and hot again with that great Proraso eucalyptus scent.

6) The cup is now almost obscured by the lather you have been making :). Just gather up all this nice lather and apply it to your beard. Repeat Steps 3, 4 and 5 for that third T&C pass if desired.

7) I place my Proraso cup in my regular bowl so the generous lather is contained and easy to scoop up rather than all over the counter.

Very warm eucalyptic lather with a touch of menthol. The warmth of the lather and the cooling effects of the eucalyptus and menthol make for a very soothing, yet unusual sensation for a shave. If you are a Proraso lover and like your lather hot, try this sometime.

Oh yes, thanks again to Joel for the hot pot idea!

Cheers,
Richard
Texoma Metroplex