Best MINT Cream? (other than Proraso)

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
KC_Dave

Post by KC_Dave »

RWelch76 wrote:Economizer,

Hmmmm..........this product I have also tried, my friend, and was not impressed :shock: It smelled great, but the lather and shave absolutely sucked, I tell you, it sucked!!

But wait!!!! I just remembered that I may have bought the CREAM shave, not the LATHER shave, as they are 2 distinct entities. Do you think that could be my folly? It had to've been..........

I will investigate and report back to you asap. =D>
Robert, the stuff you sent me was "Dr. Galen Lather Shave, Original Formula (Lather)".
I've used it twice (including this morning);
you're correct, It has a good scent and a weak lather, yet I still had a great BBS shave today.

I believe 95+ percent of the time it's all about the technique..

Good luck

Dave
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Jim,
To me the EShave cucumber, which is the only cream I have from that house lathers similarly to Taylors, or DR Harris, with the "cucumber" scent, and stops any irritation or burn, and when you rinse after the shave, the cooling effect takes hold beautifully. I don't know the white tea or any of the Eshave aftershaves, unfortunately.
Hope this helps!

Jeff
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Ah, I just discovered that I have a new favorite "mint" cream, well 2 actually--Ingram, and Cerrus. Those 2 pack a super cool wallop, when you lather them up.

Jeff
Tryphon

Post by Tryphon »

PottyDoctor wrote:Robert,

I would love to be able to use Proraso and similar creams with a cooling effect, but have been unable to use most of them due to an extreme sensitivity to menthol.

With great surprise I was able to use the Nancy Boy Signature Scent shaving cream with NO adverse reaction. The difference being that NB uses peppermint instead of menthol. Peppermint is natural and menthol is synthetic.

I highly recommend the Nancy Boy shaving cream. I personally love the peppermint, lavender, rosemary scent; but most of all I love the way this stuff performs! It is the most lubricating of any cream I have tried. The lather is of the deep, luxurious creamy type.

Their website is http://www.nancyboy.com and I might add that their customer service is A+ as well. I have no business connection or interest with them...I've just been highly satisfied with their shaving cream and bar soaps!
I second the recommendation for Nancy Boy: great cream, very lubricating and the scent is excellent. I would love to see a version with menthol, though, for I really like strong minty scents. I love Proraso, BTW!
Tom's of Maine I detest: smells like chewed Wrigley's gum and lathers the same way!!
Nancy Boy must be my favorite cream at this moment.
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Post by rahul325 »

mr_economy wrote:On a recent trip to our local Bath & Body Works, I stumbled upon a cream by CO Bigelow, called "Dr. Galen Lather Shave, Original Formula". After using it for a couple shaves, I am hooked.

Its ingredients are very similar to those in Prorasso (with which I *gulp* have yet to have a good shave), but I find it much more lubricious. I just had a shave with it today with a good 2.5 days' growth on my face, and am pretty much baby-butt smooth.

It is a bit on the expensive side, but for a minty product it's right up your alley.
i remember reading that the bigelow shaving cream was actually made my Proraso, sum1 had posted a pic of the tube and it said made my proraso for bigelow.

does ur tube say that ?
Wet shaving is an expensive addiction :twisted:

FS - 2 fatboys - E2 and F4, both in good condition. Pls PM me
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

For me Tom's of Maine is the best Mint Cream out there and for the price you really can't go wrong.

Rafael
"A well lathered face is only half of a good shave"