Lathering from a tub?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!

Lathering from tub?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:58 pm

Dip wet brush in tub then mix in bowl/mug
14%
Dip wet brush in tub then mix in hand
No votes
Dip finger in tub, drop into bowl/mug, then mix w/brush
29%
Do something else (what?)
57%

Total votes: 7

mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Lathering from a tub?

Post by mantic »

So, how does everyone go about lathering up their shaving cream from a tub?
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

drmoss_ca wrote:I'm a 'something else' - I dip the wet brush in the tub and gently pick up the required amount of cream, and then build the lather on my face. Enough lather stays in the brush for my second and third passes, with some left over.
Chris
Chris-- do you use circular motions or sweeping motions to build the lather on your face?

--Mark
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i dont dip my brush into the tub. i take out a small amount and put it into my hand. i take my wetted brush and lightly swirl and go back and forth over my cupped plam to build lather there. i then apply it on my face, trying to use a paint brush effect, or if i have to, lightly swirl in circles on my face to get the lather going.
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

tngentleman1 wrote:i dont dip my brush into the tub. i take out a small amount and put it into my hand. i take my wetted brush and lightly swirl and go back and forth over my cupped plam to build lather there. i then apply it on my face, trying to use a paint brush effect, or if i have to, lightly swirl in circles on my face to get the lather going.
I use the same technique as Sam. I would think that dipping a wet brush into the tub might water down the cream.

Vince
:::Vince:::
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

I mostly use soap....But, when I do use cream, I dip my wet brush in the pot and then lather on my face. I find it to be a very relaxing experience.

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
postoumios

Post by postoumios »

After soaking my brush in very hot (boiling) water I give it ONE good shake & than I make a few swirls in the PRORASO tub with my brush & then build the lather on my face.
When I am using a cream again after soaking my brush in very hot (boiling) water I give it ONE good shake & apply a small quanity of cream ON the brush & then build the lather on my face.
I always create a denser & more effective lather this way,more than enough for 3 passes ,it saves some time too :wink:
navajadeafeitar

Post by navajadeafeitar »

I've been doing this since I started shaving, whcih is how I learnt it from my Dad years ago. I put the cream on my face, and build the lather on my face with a wet brush dipped in hot water... Oh, yeah, I wipe the remaining cream on my fingers on the wet brush before lathering. Waste not, want not :wink:
------------------------------------------
Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I soak my Simpson Chubby #3 in boiling water, shake of the excess, then I usa a plastic teaspoon that I keep in my basket of creams to scoop out about 1/4 teaspoon of cream into my bowl, which has been heating up with boiling water from the hotpot-then start building up the lather. Sometimes I need to add a few more drops of water if the cream looks kind of dry. Always works for me!

Cheers,
Craig
Cheers,

Craig