Body Shop shaving cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
MrFong

Body Shop shaving cream

Post by MrFong »

Has anyone else tried this? For some strange reason, it seems to work really well for me. Does anyone know what's in it, or anything else about it? It's pretty affordable at $14CDN for a tub, and I've been pretty impressed so far...

I'd be interested to hear about any traditional creams that are similar if anyone has done a comparison.

Scott
Steve

Body Shop Shaving Cream

Post by Steve »

Scott,

I like it a lot. It's made in England and performs quite well. Not everyone likes the scent but I happen to like it. According to the Body Shop it's called Woodsy Sandalwood but it doesn't smell anything like sandalwood to me.

Considering that it is available at local Body Shop locations, it's reasonably priced.
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

I too really like it - it works very well and the scent has definetly grown on me - although its not sandalwood but spice/ginger to me. Plus as you point out it is a great price - can't go wrong with this one!
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

Agreed. I didn't like the scent the first time I used it, but It has grown on me. For some reason, It works better for me than the 3 T's. Less drying

Also, I live in downtown Montreal, and we have 2 Bodyshop stores there, which is great for me.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Rafik, la creme est excellente, plein de mousse, un superbe rasage est garanti, mais l'odeur n'est pas vraiment pour moi.

Jeff
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

crackstar wrote:Rafik, la creme est excellente, plein de mousse, un superbe rasage est garanti, mais l'odeur n'est pas vraiment pour moi.

Jeff
J'ai trouvé C&E au Complexe Desjardins
PottyDoctor

Post by PottyDoctor »

I recently bought my first tub of Body Shop cream. I will be returning it this week. I absolutely love the fragrance of the cream and was satisfied with the performance. "What is my problem, you ask?" I have somewhat of a sensitivity to the cream which causes a "burning" reaction on my face and neck. I really, really wanted to be able to use this cream...the scent is one of the best IMO.
Happy Shaving,

Ron

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. It's the way you deal with it that makes the difference!" -- Virginia Satir
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I just finished my sample that I picked up at TBS. Shaves were excellent, on par with the three T's. Search some old threads and you'll find more information about the cream itself, but supposedly it is an English made cream.

Anyways, I chose not to buy a whole tub because I wasn't too fond of the scent. I didn't think the scent was all that bad, but it was way to over powering for me.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Ah bon? Il y a une boutique C& E au Complexe Desjardins? Ca, je ne savais pas. :shock:

Jeff
Joey

Post by Joey »

PottyDoctor wrote:I have somewhat of a sensitivity to the cream which causes a "burning" reaction on my face and neck.
I have the same reaction. It turns my face red and blotchy and makes me thinks I screwed up my shave. Wish I could use it, but it seems I can't.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

The Body Shop shaving cream was my only cream product for a long time. Then I tried others and now a completely unused tub sits in my shave kit neglected and all forlorn :(

Once C&E Sienna and Sweet Almond Oil moved in, I haven't used TBS once. I like the scent, and I don't suffer from the skin rash as others have noted. All in all, it's really not a bad product, but for some reason, I just find the C&E products to provide better lubrication - especially for blade buffing.

I'll probably take it back (TBS do have an excellent returns policy) and pick up something else - perhaps some Proraso or other inexpensive but highly regarded cream.

jww
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

crackstar wrote:Ah bon? Il y a une boutique C& E au Complexe Desjardins? Ca, je ne savais pas. :shock:

Jeff
I know what you guys are saying you know...

:lol:
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

blueasajewel wrote:
crackstar wrote:Ah bon? Il y a une boutique C& E au Complexe Desjardins? Ca, je ne savais pas. :shock:

Jeff
I know what you guys are saying you know...

:lol:
He's an educated pirate!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Boutique = little shop?

I understand little of what they said, and that was just the English part, lol

Sam
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

8) :wink: Ravi, we've got nothing to hide!

Jeff
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

Jeff
Ce n'est pas une boutique C-E
C'est Hallmark, ils vendent des cartes postales, a coté de la SAQ
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

OK, maintenant, je comprend. Ma belle-soeur travaille pour C & E chez Ogilvy's au sous-sol.

Jeff
rafikz

Post by rafikz »

crackstar wrote:OK, maintenant, je comprend. Ma belle-soeur travaille pour C & E chez Ogilvy's au sous-sol.

Jeff
Chanceux.
Combien coutent les cremes à raser C-E?
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Rafik, ils sont assez chers environ 22$ pour un tube, et 35$ pour un bol. Comme tu vois, ils ne sont pas donnes, mais ils sont fantastiques.

Jeff
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

crackstar wrote:Rafik, ils sont assez chers environ 22$ pour un tube, et 35$ pour un bol. Comme tu vois, ils ne sont pas donnes, mais ils sont fantastiques.

Jeff
Que?
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway