New Shaving Gallery Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
fisherc

New Shaving Gallery Cream

Post by fisherc »

The Shaving Gallery (http://www.shavinggallery.com) in suburban Atlanta, GA now has an addition to their line of shaving cream/lather. It is a new scent (100% EO based) called Tea Tree/Lime. It is not yet on their website but it can be ordered from Lauren at laurencross@shavinggallery.com. Just FYI.

Chris
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

How would you rank the scent with their other 2 creams?
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

I cannot say as yet. I have a tub in transit so I'll report back once I receive it.

Chris
northadams
Mad Max

Post by northadams »

The Fisher King has done his homework again. Lauren said sometime before summer and here we are with 8 days of spring left. David Carter could learn a thing or two from this Trumper veteran. Looks to be another traditional cream without all that color. The other two creams in the line are wonderful if a bit pricey. Just stay away from Starbucks for a couple of weeks and the cream will pay for itself. One excuse at least.

Max
PottyDoctor

Post by PottyDoctor »

What about their hard soaps? Anyone tried any of them? It appears from the web site pics that they are branded "Living Nature."
Happy Shaving,

Ron

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. It's the way you deal with it that makes the difference!" -- Virginia Satir
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Living Nature is an all natural line of skin care products from New Zealand. Shaving Gallery retails some of their products online and in their store. The hard soaps are body soaps I believe. I don't recall any of them being designed for shaving use.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, This is probably a pretty dumb question, but, I'm assuming this new cream from Shaving Gallery actually contains tea tree oil? If so, I'm out of luck, as I know that that does not agree with my skin. I really was hoping for a straight uncolored lime cream. Ah, well.
Regards,
Gordon
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

I don't know the exact ingredient list Gordon but I believe thatyes it does. The other creams from Shaving Gallery use Tea Tree oil as well (as a natural preservative system to eliminate the need for parabens).

Chris
northadams
Mad Max

Post by northadams »

Chris, I may be jumping the gun a bit but I was wondering if you have used and had any thoughts about Lauren's Tea Tree/Limes yet? We are beginning to get the heat up in the north and what gets better this time of year than a lime cream (or soap).

Max
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

I am still awaiting delivery. Upon receipt I'll report back.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Good show. We'll wait.
Gordon
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Guys:

I finally got hold of Shaving Gallery's new Lime/Tea Tree cream.

First, the efficacy of the cream is excellent. In fact it is no different than the other creams (Bergamot Bay and Cedar).

Second, the formulation has changed a bit and it is more "liquid." It is similar in consistency to KMF creams. Quite honestly I would prefer different packaging with this type of consistency. Something like a tube or pump would be better IMO.

Lastly, the fragrance is not what I expected. While lime is a component of the fragrance this is not a "limes" fragrance a la CF, Trumpers, etc. It is more of a citrus blend with a predominant lime note. It's quite nice and the "lightest" of all the Shaving Gallery cream scents. It reminds me somewhat of DR Harris' Arlington fragrance.

Chris
PottyDoctor

Post by PottyDoctor »

fisherc wrote:Guys:

I finally got hold of Shaving Gallery's new Lime/Tea Tree cream.

First, the efficacy of the cream is excellent. In fact it is no different than the other creams (Bergamot Bay and Cedar).

Second, the formulation has changed a bit and it is more "liquid." It is similar in consistency to KMF creams. Quite honestly I would prefer different packaging with this type of consistency. Something like a tube or pump would be better IMO.

Lastly, the fragrance is not what I expected. While lime is a component of the fragrance this is not a "limes" fragrance a la CF, Trumpers, etc. It is more of a citrus blend with a predominant lime note. It's quite nice and the "lightest" of all the Shaving Gallery cream scents. It reminds me somewhat of DR Harris' Arlington fragrance.

Chris
Chris,

The cream itself being of a similar consistency to KMF, what kind of lather does it produce? Light and airy, or thick, rich and creamy? I am a fan of the KMF Moisture Shave Creams and like the lather they produce, so how do you compare the two as far as the quality of the lather produced?

It is hard to imagine a cream the consistency of KMF being in a tub! I could see where that could get quite messy. Do you think the formulation of all three creams has changed [gotten thinner], or is the Lime/Tea Tree just thinner than the other two?
Happy Shaving,

Ron

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. It's the way you deal with it that makes the difference!" -- Virginia Satir
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

The lather produced is rich and creamy. I asked Lauren if the consistency change is uniform across all of her fragrances but I haven't had an answer yet. If so I certainly hope she finds alternate packaging as the tub is indeed a bit messy.

Chris